First smoked Meatloaf with pics!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pi guy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
SE Michigan
Nothing fancy, but this was so incredible I had to share. I did this a few weeks ago but got busy and couldn't post until now.

My wife mixed up her go-to recipe for meatloaf, which is great in the oven alone. But in the smoker?! She said we'll never do meatloaf in the oven again!

Formed the usual meatloaf, then rubbed with Cherry Republic Cherry BBQ Rub. I then let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours because I thought it would cook too quickly so I wanted to kill some time (I think this really helped the final flavor). Put it in the smoker on a sheet of foil that I raised the edges on slightly to try to catch the fat. I then smoked it at 275 for about 3 hours (took longer than I expected for some reason!). After out of the smoker I slathered it with Cherry Republic BBQ Sauce (not plugging them, but we had just been there and bought a bunch of stuff, so why not). Reached 170 and I pulled and let it rest for about 15-20 minutes, then sliced it up. Put thick slices on grilled brioches buns and topped with colby jack cheese and lettuce.

Thanks for the inspiration here at SMF. You keep me working on expanding my horizons when it comes to cooking.

20200720_134658.jpg

20200720_194902.jpg

20200720_200401.jpg

20200720_200613.jpg

20200720_201604.jpg

Great looking meatloaf. It’s hard to go back to the oven after smoking one. That sandwich pic is worthy of a magazine, looks great.

Reactions: pi guy
I wish i would have got the perfect money shot of the inside of the completed Sammie. Man, im thinking its almost time again. Thanks for the kind words, you all rock at this smoking stuff, I'm just a learnin'.

Cherry Republic has a lot of good stuff. Are you in Michigan?
Just happened to see your question, sorry for the 9 month response time LOL. Yes, we're in the Detroit area and try to spend a couple days in the Traverse City area every year if we can. Cherry Republic has so many great products, albeit expensive!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky