First Smoked Brisket! With QView!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerfool

Original poster
Sep 2, 2011
Eddyville Iowa
Well I am attempting to smoke my first brisket tomorrow morning.  I have been reading up and even took the 5 day e course and I have so far cut the packer, trimmed the brisket, seasoned, wrapped, and placed in the fridge to await the smoker in the am.  Tell me what you all think.  I am not sure how good I did cutting the packer.
ca69ef67_brisket1.jpg

Packer with the kernel cut off.

f35b14e1_brisket2.jpg

Far side cut ready for a rub down, about a 1/4 inch of fat.  It may be thicker in some spots.

a73aea8d_brisket3.jpg

Some yellow mustard before the dry rub is added!

7ef2a2a7_brisket4.jpg

Dry rub added and wrapped.

Dry rub consist of Totally Wild Sweet BBQ Season, Totally Wild Smoke Season, Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Brown Sugar, Mild Chilli Powder, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, and Oregano.

She will be sitting in the smoke tomorrow am by hopefully 7 or 8 am. What do you all think?

Last edited:
My smoker is warming up and should be ready for some brisket soon.

79b5ce35_brinkman.jpg

Fresh cut pile of oak ready for the long smoke!  The brisket is out of the fridge warming up a bit and then it is another coat of rub and in the smoker!  I'll be updating with pics through out the smoke!

Just put a second coat of rub on and put the brisket in the smoker.

ae04f5f9_brisket6.jpg

Second coat, fat side up!

e93ca241_smoking.jpg

In the smoke ready to go!  SLOW AND LOW!!!!

icon_cool.gif

Now your brisket looks great so far. So keep it up and I'll have to check back in.

Just mopped the brisket at the 4 hour mark and checked the IT and it is around 150.  I added water to my water bowl also.  Looking good so far!

fc10de93_brisket7.jpg

My therm in my smoker is way off, but I am keeping it between 220 and 250 range.  I will be purchasing a new therm for my next smokes, but I am doing alright with what i have. 

Just pulled the brisket from the smoker, the IT was 190 degrees.  I have wrapped it in foil and put it in a cooler for further cooking.

eaadd6f0_brisket9.jpg

When I inserted the meat therm it slide right in now problems, I hope that is a good sign.  I will add more pics when I am cutting it!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky