First Smoked Brisket! With QView!!!

Discussion in 'Beef' started by smokerfool, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Well I am attempting to smoke my first brisket tomorrow morning.  I have been reading up and even took the 5 day e course and I have so far cut the packer, trimmed the brisket, seasoned, wrapped, and placed in the fridge to await the smoker in the am.  Tell me what you all think.  I am not sure how good I did cutting the packer.[​IMG]

Packer with the kernel cut off.

[​IMG]

Far side cut ready for a rub down, about a 1/4 inch of fat.  It may be thicker in some spots.

[​IMG]

Some yellow mustard before the dry rub is added!

[​IMG]

Dry rub added and wrapped.

Dry rub consist of Totally Wild Sweet BBQ Season, Totally Wild Smoke Season, Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Brown Sugar, Mild Chilli Powder, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, and Oregano.

She will be sitting in the smoke tomorrow am by hopefully 7 or 8 am. What do you all think?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  2. sprky

sprky Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]  so far. [​IMG][​IMG]  the results

3. smoketexring

smoketexring Fire Starter

Looks good so far.  Good luck!  

I hope it turns out the way you imagined.

4. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Good luck. We'll be watching!

5. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

It is a great start i will wait

6. My smoker is warming up and should be ready for some brisket soon.

[​IMG]

Fresh cut pile of oak ready for the long smoke!  The brisket is out of the fridge warming up a bit and then it is another coat of rub and in the smoker!  I'll be updating with pics through out the smoke!

7. Just put a second coat of rub on and put the brisket in the smoker.

[​IMG]

Second coat, fat side up!

[​IMG]

In the smoke ready to go!  SLOW AND LOW!!!!

8. i like, what i see.

9. Brisket has been in the smoker for 2 hours now.  Looking good so far!!!

10. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Now your brisket looks great so far. So keep it up and I'll have to check back in.

11. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looking good - Keep the qview coming 

12. I am thinking about mopping the brisket with Southern Comfort (favorite drink).  Is this a good or bad idea?

13. Just mopped the brisket at the 4 hour mark and checked the IT and it is around 150.  I added water to my water bowl also.  Looking good so far!

[​IMG]

14. Just mopped the brisket at the 6 hour mark.  What do you all think so far?

[​IMG]

15. uncle_lar

uncle_lar Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

It is looking good so far looks like it has a nice bark forming. what temp are you maintaining in your smoker?

16. My therm in my smoker is way off, but I am keeping it between 220 and 250 range.  I will be purchasing a new therm for my next smokes, but I am doing alright with what i have. 

17. scrappynadds

scrappynadds Smoking Fanatic

[​IMG]

18. Getting ready to check the IT at the 8 hour mark!

19. That looks amazing!!  I need to get something on mine!

20. Just pulled the brisket from the smoker, the IT was 190 degrees.  I have wrapped it in foil and put it in a cooler for further cooking.

[​IMG]

When I inserted the meat therm it slide right in now problems, I hope that is a good sign.  I will add more pics when I am cutting it!!!