First real size brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cornman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 30, 2016
South central PA
I know many others did the same, but I was ready for a true size brisket, or at least 5 lbs of one. The grocery store had one on clearance a week ago and I went for it.

2D600A97-C13E-4EAC-9DF5-D2D98C67D7F4.jpeg

After getting my WSM started, I applied SPOG and used some hickory chunks.

F1DB468F-DF5E-4193-87B6-8D171E781138.jpeg

I put the brisket on before 8am and while we still had calm weather in central PA. By 9:30, it was snowing and by 1 it was turning to rain. I took it off a little after 3 with an IT of 194 and let it rest about an hour.

B96F6FFB-1BD5-4EFC-9252-7C14A7E8737D.jpeg

C7DA8D7B-7F03-499A-AF39-6BF7DAA480AD.jpeg

Good flavor and the bottom was pulling apart instead of slicing. This is tonight’s meal for the game. It’s a tad dry in spots, but overall I’m happy, plus I have the drippings to mix in.

As I type I have 2 Cornish game hens on with some apple and hickory chunks. We were thawing those out and the Mrs. said about cooking them up while I have the smoker going. If I can, I’ll post pics. Thanks for looking and enjoy the game!

Nice smoke ring. Costco sells prime ones for 2.99. I need to get one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky