First pork loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mightychurchill

Original poster
Sep 18, 2017
Louisiana
Did a simple rub. Used Apple chunks for smoke. Besides being done quicker than I thought it should be was very happy with results. Only had my Old Country over and under smoker for 5 weeks now so still learning.

Attachments

• 20171008_173923.jpg
    20171008_173923.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 66
Looks good. Your slicing skills are outstanding.

Sorry about lack of info Gary. It was a 5 lb loin. Still working on learning to keep constant temp with fire and playing with vents so cooking temperatures varied from high of 270 to 230. Removed from smoker meat temp was 155 wrapped in tinfoil to set before cutting. Cook time I think was around 3 1/2 hours. Not sure what you meant by qview.

David

Sorry about lack of info Gary. It was a 5 lb loin. Still working on learning to keep constant temp with fire and playing with vents so cooking temperatures varied from high of 270 to 230. Removed from smoker meat temp was 155 wrapped in tinfoil to set before cutting. Cook time I think was around 3 1/2 hours. Not sure what you meant by qview.

David

Q-View = (pictures) BBQ pics to see.
I think you could take one of those out before 155 . say 145. But I guess it depends how brave your dinner guests are when it comes to a pinkish tint in the center of pork loin.

My guests are pretty brave except when it comes to chicken. I'll put it in my notebook about going for 145 on a loin, thanks for the tip. And I'll work on pictures for before, during and after cooking. This weekend going to try ribs and some Mac and Cheese

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky