First for me!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

twanger1994

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
New Jersey
I don't eat fish!!! But others around here do!!!  So since Dallas has a bye week and the Yankees are playing Boston, I got two butts and a brisket smoking. Why not throw in a curve-ball and add a little fish. Found a willing driver to head to Sam's club for 2 2lb. fillets. Simple coat of oil a lil Dill, garlic, S&P... Nice  So im told!!! Hit 138 in 1.5 hrs.@ 230.

12:10 ready to go!!!

oiled and seasoned!!!

45 mins  128 deg.

Ganished @ 45min mark...

138 deg at 1:40

Still Got a while to go on the pork and Brisket

Reactions: meateater
Looks mighty fine for a first. Makes me feel like grabing my pole and hitting the pond. Nice job twanger. 
icon_wink.gif

At first I thought you had grilled the fish, but upon reading I see that you smoked them. I enjoy eating smoked fish, but I don't use a brine because of concern over sodium consumption. Thanks for sharing the Q View. it's all good my friend.

I don't eat fish!!! But others around here do!!!  So since Dallas has a bye week and the Yankees are playing Boston, I got two butts and a brisket smoking. Why not throw in a curve-ball and add a little fish. Found a willing driver to head to Sam's club for 2 2lb. fillets. Simple coat of oil a lil Dill, garlic, S&P... Nice  So im told!!! Hit 138 in 1.5 hrs.@ 230.

12:10 ready to go!!!

oiled and seasoned!!!

45 mins  128 deg.

Ganished @ 45min mark...

138 deg at 1:40

Still Got a while to go on the pork and Brisket
Great looking fish! GO DALLAS!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky