• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First for me!!

twanger1994

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 18, 2009
I don't eat fish!!! But others around here do!!!  So since Dallas has a bye week and the Yankees are playing Boston, I got two butts and a brisket smoking. Why not throw in a curve-ball and add a little fish. Found a willing driver to head to Sam's club for 2 2lb. fillets. Simple coat of oil a lil Dill, garlic, S&P... Nice  So im told!!! Hit 138 in 1.5 [email protected] 230.

12:10 ready to go!!!

oiled and seasoned!!!

45 mins  128 deg.

Ganished @ 45min mark...

138 deg at 1:40

Still Got a while to go on the pork and Brisket

watlow

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 28, 2010
Looks mighty fine for a first. Makes me feel like grabing my pole and hitting the pond. Nice job twanger. 

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
that fish looks good, A dallas fan, did you see the 1st game this season haha

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
At first I thought you had grilled the fish, but upon reading I see that you smoked them. I enjoy eating smoked fish, but I don't use a brine because of concern over sodium consumption. Thanks for sharing the Q View. it's all good my friend.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
I don't eat fish!!! But others around here do!!!  So since Dallas has a bye week and the Yankees are playing Boston, I got two butts and a brisket smoking. Why not throw in a curve-ball and add a little fish. Found a willing driver to head to Sam's club for 2 2lb. fillets. Simple coat of oil a lil Dill, garlic, S&P... Nice  So im told!!! Hit 138 in 1.5 [email protected] 230.

12:10 ready to go!!!

oiled and seasoned!!!

45 mins  128 deg.

Ganished @ 45min mark...

138 deg at 1:40

Still Got a while to go on the pork and Brisket
Great looking fish! GO DALLAS!!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.