First Fatty Attempt (Qview)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bassplayer4

Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
Lubbock, TX
This is just a hamburger recipe.  I kept it pretty simple mostly so I could familiarize myself with the process and make sure I can do it right before experimenting with other things, but also so my 4 year old would eat it.  I only added a rub that I normally use on burgers.  I placed the rub on the flattened meat before I added Cheddar/Jack cheese and sauteed sweet red onions.  Turned out awesome, better that I expected.

8a14e555_MonicaPhonePICS143.jpg

ce903639_MonicaPhonePICS144.jpg

ee45f10d_MonicaPhonePICS146.jpg

Reactions: coyote1
Mows that's a long looking fattie. Good job!
Not sure why it looked so long. i think it was because of a lack of ingredients on the inside.  It looked skinny when I first rolled it, but did it mostly for the experience of having done it.  

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

Now your fattie looks killer and I bet your son really liked it too. The fattie is like a welcoming present from SMF for most folks have never heard of them before they joined. Just another reson to love this place.

Your absolutely right about no one ever hearing about them. But boy once they try one they want to know all about them. Every time I have folks over for BBQ, Fatties & ABT's are the biggest hit and always disappear immediately. Thanks SMF!

icon_cool.gif

Now your fattie looks killer and I bet your son really liked it too. The fattie is like a welcoming present from SMF for most folks have never heard of them before they joined. Just another reson to love this place.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky