• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First Fatty Attempt (Qview)

bassplayer4

Joined Oct 11, 2010
This is just a hamburger recipe.  I kept it pretty simple mostly so I could familiarize myself with the process and make sure I can do it right before experimenting with other things, but also so my 4 year old would eat it.  I only added a rub that I normally use on burgers.  I placed the rub on the flattened meat before I added Cheddar/Jack cheese and sauteed sweet red onions.  Turned out awesome, better that I expected.

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
No problems with that one, nice job.How did your 4 yr. old like it?

papagreer

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 7, 2010
I bet your son loved that. My daughter would be all about that...she LOVES cheeseburgers! Nice Fattie!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Excellent first try!  

bassplayer4

Joined Oct 11, 2010
Mows that's a long looking fattie. Good job!
Not sure why it looked so long. i think it was because of a lack of ingredients on the inside.  It looked skinny when I first rolled it, but did it mostly for the experience of having done it.  

Last edited:

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now your fattie looks killer and I bet your son really liked it too. The fattie is like a welcoming present from SMF for most folks have never heard of them before they joined. Just another reson to love this place.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Your absolutely right about no one ever hearing about them. But boy once they try one they want to know all about them. Every time I have folks over for BBQ, Fatties & ABT's are the biggest hit and always disappear immediately. Thanks SMF!

Now your fattie looks killer and I bet your son really liked it too. The fattie is like a welcoming present from SMF for most folks have never heard of them before they joined. Just another reson to love this place.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.