First Cook!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

C2D2

Original poster
Apr 6, 2023
Well after lots of cleaning, scrubbing, painting, and dremeling to fit the new control board, my refreshed Traeger BBQ075 is ready for action. Just in time for some beautiful weather this weekend! I’m gonna go at my first cook tomorrow and just do some burgers. Nothing crazy, nothing hard.

But I need pellets. I’ve got Tractor Supply, Walmart, Home Depot, and Lowe’s around me; what’s my best bet for pellets?

I know it’s all preference, but I’m just looking for a good pellet with good flavor.

Look for Lumber Jack, Bear Mountain, these are real good. But on a budget or just in a hurry, the PitBoss pellets work ok.

Kingsford is hard to beat little higher than the others but really good imo, hickory for the win

With the stores you mentioned, Kingsford or Bear Mountain would be my pick. If you have a Rural King around, then Lumberjack.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky