First competition!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

toxic q

Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
Done my first competition 2 weeks ago, had to cook chicken,ribs,butt, and brisket. There were 17 teams and I cooked on 2 uds. Getting it all done and turned in was my main goal. Got 7th in butt, 12th in brisket, 13th in chicken and 1st in ribs. It was a blast and pretty hard but I got my feet wet and I'm ready to go again. It was hard doing all 4 meats by myself, gonna try and find some comps where it's just a couple different meats.

Congratulations!

1st in ribs, WOW!

That's fantastic!

Especially being by yourself on a couple of UDS's.

Point to you Sir!

Al

Thanks mr.al I was really shocked was not expecting to even place at all and just got lucky. Main concern was just getting it all turned on on time. 4 meats is a lot of work by yourself! Getting a 1st place was awesome!

Thank you I was very surprised that's for sure. Yes gotta figure out how to put them on here.

Congrats on getting a call on your first comp. I don't know where you're located, but there are a lot of states that have a local association and sponsor some great comps. Any KCBS comp will have 4 meats. I'm not really sure if you are required to do all 4.

Good luck in the comp world from a has-been judge.

congrats!!  Always makes you feel good getting a top spot.  next time you compete I would check the rules but you are usually allowed an assistant in all the competitions I've seen and the rule books I've read.  Great job and keep on smoking  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky