First car.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My 1st car as it sits today ! Worked at safeway all through highschool in the meat market helping butchers ~ paid for teh car and lots of other stuff plus prepared me for life .

First car was a 67 Cuda. Little did I know what they would be worth now, I sold it shorty after I got it and bought a 73 Nova.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

My first car was a 60 Impala 4 door but only had it about 2 months. 2nd car was a 62 Galaxie 500 XL convertable red leather seats. Gave 500 for it, and recently saw one just like it on the web for $28,000.
If only....(sigh)

1. 1969 VW Beetle - the start of a long air-cooled love affair
2. 1972 Buick Electra 225 Limited - about 50 feet long and fun to parallel park.
The carb had secondaries the size of oil cans, and it would haul ass faster than the gas needle was falling.

1964 GTO @ age 15. Can't remember the number BUTT, one of the very 1st off the assembly line. Aqua green coupe, black vinyl top, red line tires, 3- 2's, manual steering and manual brakes. Very quick! Crashed before the year was over BUTT very fond memories. haha

beard

My 1st car was a 1979 Grand Prix with a .327 that was equipped with a 400 turbo transmission with a shift kit, a 650 Holley, an Edelbrock camshaft and lifters, and Edelbrock headers that lead out to 3 inch pipes that fed into dual Cherry Bomb Glasspack's that fed out into exhaust pipes that tapered down into 2 1/2 inch pipes with turndowns. After all of that we had it custom painted two tone blue by my uncle who owns a body shop...
My Father bought the car used with the .327 already in it, but he told me that if I wanted the car to look and run nice that I was gonna get greasy and dirty. Man was he right. I worked for 3 months straight with him every single night we weren't working on the church. Once it was done I had helped completely restore the engine, and helped sand and re-sand the primer for my uncle. But I ended up with a with a custom 2 tone blue paint job with a high performance engine...
I still own my car to this day, more than 12 years later and it still runs just as good as it did then...

Later...

Zach...

Brekar
That is awesome. I owed my Z28 for 5 years and 4 days; My current pickup I have had for almost 9 years. 12 years is a commitment I wish I culd have followed through with on my Z28; education is full of regrets.....

1971 VW Beetle. Me and my brother had it bored out to just over 1900cc, lighten the fly wheel, and slapped dual carbs on it. That little dude would RUN!
Only ever had one VW beat me "block racing" at traffic lights - seemed to be a big deal in those days between V-Dubber's - and the guy beat me so bad it was like I was standing still - tried to run him down to ask him what he had stuck up the rear end of his ride.... couldn't!

Traded it off in on the Ford Ranger I have today... wish I still had it
icon_sad.gif

My first car was a 1973 "VW THING".....Not much of a "Chick Magnet"!!!

It was probably the ugliest vehicle ever, but very utilitarian. Was originally produced as "Hitler's Jeep".

I had found an old Automobile Magazine with an ad for it. One of the ad's pictures showed it crossing a stream. After a few beers, a buddy dared me to see if it would float.

IT SANK LIKE A ROCK!

Good thing the engine was in the rear!!

2nd car was a 1966 Dodge Dart GT with a 340.

Todd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky