First car.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Reading all of these posts, I' starting to feel old.
icon_redface.gif

in high school I would drive my buddies 56 Nomad-My first was an opel-soon after I got my 69 charger.

My first car was a hand me down 76 Dodge Aspen, it was orange, had an 8 track, no air conditioning, what a P.O.S, my sister first had it, then my brother, and finally me.

My first car was a brand spankin new '77 Pinto station wagon. I put 14" 50 series Kelly Springfield tires on the rear on Crager SS's. I had a Pioneer KP-500 under dash cassette player with a Clarion 40 watt booster/equalizer. I had that little car doing 97 mph with 5 people and the back end full of scuba equipment during a diving trip to salisbury rock quarry near Toledo, Ohio. Those are some great memories!

Thanks for bringing them back for me!

Carl

69 Ford Maverick, 4.0 inline 6, header that dumped out behind front left wheel. It was so loud it would set off car alarms as i cruzed through parking lots. I was in the process of restoring it and converting it to a 5.0 V8 when it got hit by a drunk driver while parked in front of my house. Fun car!

59 ford Galaxie white with green interior and factory air, You know the kind , under dash factory air, I have a picture some place,

67 Dodge Coronet 440.
318 w/2barrel (230 HP)
Turbine Bronze Metallic w/black vinyl top (beautiful color).
Black interior
AM/FM radio w/Vibrasonic reverberator

Sold it when I got my orders for Vietnam in 1968, just in case.

Bearcarver

Mine was a 1964 Plymouth Valiant that i paid 25 dollars for in 1979,slant-6,4 door,3 on the tree and the back seat was well used

1955 Volkswagon. It cost me $60.00 and was missing the driver door when I got it. I picked up a door at the auto wrecker for a buck. It was ok on the flat but on a hill you were in first gear and 10 mph was the top speed it could get. I had to drive over the cascade mountains once to get it home to the Interior of BC from down on the Coast. One hill took me over two hours to climb at 5 mph. The trip took me 2 days to go 200 miles. Still I loved that little car. It was rated at 36 hp when new, and believe me mine wasn't new. It was also rated at a top speed of 56 mph. Mine would barely get 45mph downhill with a tailwind.

Nothing and I do mean nothing could beat it for tracking thru deep snow due mostly to the fact that it had tall really thin tires that gripped the snow like you were on rails. I often was able to drive when others were stuck in the ditch.

My first car too! '53 Mercury Monterey. Mine was a 2dr, white with red top, same engine but mine was a 3 speed trans. Built like a tank.

I was working after school at a Chevrolet dealership cleaning up around the shop. They took it on a trade for a new Chevrolet. They let me have it for $50 just to get it off the lot. It needed rings, (smoked a bit), so I picked up a cheap set for about $20, put them in and drove it for a couple of years.

It was really a pretty cool car. I had a lot of fun with it.

My first car was a 1970 buick gs stage 1
2nd car 1978 nova rally
3rd 1989 mustang lx 5.0 (bought brand new and still have this)
too many winter beaters to list
1993 minivan
1992 ranger (still diving this)
2008 ram 4X4
just ordered a 2010 journey for the wife.

84' Ford Bronco (fullsize) with 351 bored 30 over, mild cam, with Headmann headers. Had Wrangler MT 31 x 10.50's on it they were a directional tire at that time...never got stuck and pulled out many with biggers tires and lifts, always figured I could go anywhere a set of 35's could go. Quite the party wagon in it's time, also believe it or not a very fast one. What can I say, I was 16!

64 Doget Dart Convertible. Red with white top. 4 speed with a slant 6.

I thought it was fast until I traded it in on a 68 Vette 4 speed convert 390 HP 427. Not sure how I survived that car!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky