• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

first brisket !

cksteele

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 11, 2016
New to the forum but last weekend  i finally jumped to big boy  BBQ,  after doing just ribs and porkbutts  for ages  i did my first brisket!   Picked up  this 13 pound brisket  trimmed  most of the fat off it  to 1/4  of an inch. Also  squared it up a bit  then rubbed it with 50/50 kosher salt and coarse ground pepper,  cooked it on my offset  for about 11 1/2 hours at about 275-285 degrees using just white oak. Wrapped it in butcher paper  about 7 1/2 hours in  pulled it off  around 195 internal temp   cause it felt  super  tender when i picked it up, boy was it tasty  so moist  and juicy  cant wait to  do another one 

cksteele

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 11, 2016
Thanks guys yeah did lots of "homework" studying on doing a good brisket learned a ton for the next one can't wait !!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That's a great looking brisket!

Point for a successful first try!

Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.