first brisket !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cksteele

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 11, 2016
Hamiltion Ontario
New to the forum but last weekend  i finally jumped to big boy  BBQ,  after doing just ribs and porkbutts  for ages  i did my first brisket!   Picked up  this 13 pound brisket  trimmed  most of the fat off it  to 1/4  of an inch. Also  squared it up a bit  then rubbed it with 50/50 kosher salt and coarse ground pepper,  cooked it on my offset  for about 11 1/2 hours at about 275-285 degrees using just white oak. Wrapped it in butcher paper  about 7 1/2 hours in  pulled it off  around 195 internal temp   cause it felt  super  tender when i picked it up, boy was it tasty  so moist  and juicy  cant wait to  do another one 

Thanks guys yeah did lots of "homework" studying on doing a good brisket learned a ton for the next one can't wait !!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky