First brisket loaded in the MES

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

msuman

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 2, 2012
Lucedale, MS
Yep, smoking my first brisket tonight. Got an 11 lb packer. It had a pretty thick fat cap so I trimmed it up best I could.

42afacee-4a5f-9682.jpg

42afacee-4a7a-3a33.jpg

I injected it with some beef stock then sprinkled on some salt, pepper, and Montreal steak seasoning.

42afacee-4acb-91d2.jpg

I'm going to make ChefJJ's au ju sauce to go with it. Hopefully it will be eatable.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Just went and added the beef stock to the veggys for the au jus. After about 1.5 hrs the IT is 105°. Figured it would take longer for that hunk of meat.

I just had to go take a look at it. 12 hrs cook time and IT of 187. Of course the point probbed like butter but the flat was still putting up some resistance. I knew it was early but couldn't wait. I closed the door and waiting some more.

Well, here is the finished product.

42afacee-2ece-f343.jpg

It looks like I burnt it to death. I guess ill see when I slice it up. Cook time was just shy of 16 hours at 225-230. AMNPS worked out great.

It turned out ok.  Tasted pretty good.  I cubed up the point to make some burnt ends and I kinda actually burnt them.  Guess I left them on a little to long, I had fired up the weber to finish them off.  I wasn't able to get any pics when i sliced it up yesterday.  I did bring some for lunch today, Ill take a shot of it at lunch time.  I know wont look as good, and will be late for results pictures.  Ive still got a lot of learning to do on briskets.

It turned out ok.  Tasted pretty good.  I cubed up the point to make some burnt ends and I kinda actually burnt them.  Guess I left them on a little to long, I had fired up the weber to finish them off.  I wasn't able to get any pics when i sliced it up yesterday.  I did bring some for lunch today, Ill take a shot of it at lunch time.  I know wont look as good, and will be late for results pictures.  Ive still got a lot of learning to do on briskets.

You did a fantastic job for your first go-round, the finished brisky looked perfect; like a meteor. All that bark made me want to reach in through the screen for it.

FWIW, burnt ends are alot harder to master than they seem; don't give up, practice is the (delicious) way to go.

It's pretty easy, you'll see it aftrer your first time.

I would say that the best advice is to follow several people's tips, and then just carve your own path down the middle of what they said.

Best of luck!

Brisket looks pretty darn good! I finally picked up one this past weekend for my first one in the not to distant future and can only hope it comes out looking as good as yours

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky