First AMNPS smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buzzy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 11, 2007
Cumberland Co. PA
20F9CC2E-B54C-4BDB-870A-954BD7C3405B.jpeg
B581C565-D06E-40ED-B1EA-08E65B62ED3D.jpeg
Cream cheese, sharp, swiss & butter. I do need to get some mats of some sort. Pie pan with peanut butter

Reactions: west1979 and SonnyE
I'm curious about the peanut butter. How long did you cold smoke it for and what wood pellets did you use in your AMNPS?? I eat a lot of peanut butter in my breakfast sammies but never thought about smoking it. How were the results? Would you change anything next time?
Gary

Just now put it in smoker. Plan on 2-2.5 hrs stirring at the 1 hr mark. Then pull an put back in jar to set a few days. The wifes idea I don’t eat much peanut butter

Looks good to me Buzzy!
I use mats in my MES 30 all the time. I bought mine here on Ebay.
They are easier to clean than the racks alone.
But I've yet to try Butter or Peanut Butter smoking. I've smoked lots of cheese though.
I'd like to try smoking some Peanut Butter, I eat a lot of it.

Reactions: Steve H
66D93D4D-F83C-4B3D-A6DD-657C8E8138B0.jpeg
Just pulled peanut butter. Used Amazen pellets. Pitmasters Choice. Smoked for 1.25 hrs then stirred. Put back in for another 1.25 hrs. Have good smoke favor but jar back up to see how it is in a couple of days

Reactions: gmc2003 and SonnyE
Jif? Oh, I'm a Skippy fan.... ;)
Hey, I just saw where Planters has Smoked Peanuts now. I think I'll try that if it ever stops raining here. :rolleyes::mad:
I want Bear's porch roof, but not the snow....
I'd like to put my Peanut butter in a glass casserole dish, and make peaks and valley's in it for a greater surface area. My thought is it would be easier to get every speck back out with a spatula. :p
Hope you both enjoy all your smoky goodies! :D
Well Done!

Jif? Oh, I'm a Skippy fan.... ;)
Hey, I just saw where Planters has Smoked Peanuts now. I think I'll try that if it ever stops raining here. :rolleyes::mad:
I want Bear's porch roof, but not the snow....
I'd like to put my Peanut butter in a glass casserole dish, and make peaks and valley's in it for a greater surface area. My thought is it would be easier to get every speck back out with a spatula. :p
Hope you both enjoy all your smoky goodies! :D
Well Done!
. The pie tin worked well. I did use spatula Not much left in pan plus if it doesn’t clean up well for next use or gets hole in it throw out an get another. Going to pull butter now then let cheese in for another hr maybe half hr. Nope don’t think the butter is ready just yet

The cheese & butter looks good. Have to wait a few days to see how everything else turns out. The AMNPS was holding steady at 50-55. Had to set it at bottom of smoker to keep it burning

Looks good to me Buzzy!
I use mats in my MES 30 all the time. I bought mine here on Ebay.
They are easier to clean than the racks alone.
But I've yet to try Butter or Peanut Butter smoking. I've smoked lots of cheese though.
I'd like to try smoking some Peanut Butter, I eat a lot of it.

Thanks for sharing this link. I was looking for these as well. Plus, the shipping should be quick. It is only 25 miles from home!

Reactions: SonnyE
Nice job on the smoke. Curious about the peanut butter.

Point for sure.

Chris

Cream cheese did just a little. The butter didn’t even get rack marks in it. Which I was worried about since I don’t have any mats yet but plan on getting

Thanks for sharing this link. I was looking for these as well. Plus, the shipping should be quick. It is only 25 miles from home!

For my MES 30, I trimmed about 1.25" off the long side. The width was fine.
They say Stainless Steel, I don't think so. I believe mine are Teflon fiber glass, or something similar. I just trimmed them with scissors.
In any event, very happy with mine. And with Ebay.

Reactions: Steve H
Well we baked some potatoes in the oven for last nights supper. Wife used the butter and I the cream cheese. They both added a mild smoke flavor to the potatoes. The cream cheese really surprised me because there wasn’t any color change to it. This morning peanut butter on toast. It is real harsh way over smoked. Going to mix unsmoked peanut butter to it to see if that helps or chalk in up to experience. I personally would rather just have the potatoes smoked

I ended up did some butter and cream cheese yesterday. Ill try to post it on here later. Smoker got a little too warm on the butter lol but cream cheese looks great think I am going to use it in a buffalo chicken dip.

Just order some mats off Amazon. 3 for $12. A little big but can cut to size for perfect fit. Let me know how dip turns out

I ended up did some butter and cream cheese yesterday. Ill try to post it on here later. Smoker got a little too warm on the butter lol but cream cheese looks great think I am going to use it in a buffalo chicken dip.

Uh, yeah... butter will melt... :oops:
Didjah save any?
I wonder if it was smoked in a bowl, then used from that? :rolleyes:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky