Finally signed up

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kid98

Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
I have been hanging around here for about 4 months, but finally decided it was best to get an account and start getting some questions answered and possibly help someone else. I have a GOSM propane smoker and have been using it for those 4 months.... My name is Kid and I live in south Florida. (Texan by birth, so the need for good BBQ is there) I really have enjoyed the physics of smoking being explained in the threads here. Nice to know what is going on in that big black box.

Kid

Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join us.

Welcome to the SMF!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome to SMF Kid. Knowledge is the key to great food. There are ALOT of varibles in smoking, even among pits of the same model...they seem to have "quirks" or "personalities" of their own. But the general principles hold true, and you can build on them as a foundation- all the l'il things about your setup. Keep learning and doing, or doing and learning... whichever- and share your lessons good and bad here!

Wecome to SMF kid ...I know you will enjoy your time spent with us ...
I'm logged on this morning from Oshkosh after a 13 hour trip in pouring rain, wind, and then snow!
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

Yeeesh... yeah, we got the sideways blowing fine stuff all over today. Time to go Christmas shopping LOL... I love it!

Glad ya made it Squeeze- Merry Christmas to all!

Thanks Rich ... was quite the drive ... traffic was relatively light, thank God!
My GPS ler us to a small bar/Mexican food place off the interstate, that was having a customer appreciation day ... free buffet of Mexican food!
I love my Garmin! My 2 drafts and the missu's soda cost me $10 ... cheap dinner eh?
BTW ... your cheap gas is a hit with me also!

welcome kid,no better place to learn to smoke-great people here & lotsa info-Texas is great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky