Finally got me a MES

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sccom335

Original poster
Aug 10, 2016
Louisiana
I have been admiring all the tasty smoked meats for some time but did not have a smoker. Well I finally found a gently used MES 30 Gen 1 at a yard sale for $10. So I decided it was time to sign up officially and become part of the community. I got some CSRs bagged up in the fridge. Going to smoke them Saturday. Hope they come out tasty.

welcome1.gif

to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Congrats on the new smoker!

Al

Thanks Guys! Trying my first batch of CSRs today. Hope the rain holds off. I'm in Louisiana in the flood area.

This rain sucks!  Good luck with your CSRs, I've got two racks of BBs that I want to smoke tomorrow.  

Mike

Here in Louisiana when it floods we all start thinking about food. Here is the first batch of country style ribs I have ever smoked. The MES did a good job. 5lbs and no leftovers to be found. I served then up with a jalapeno & cheese corn muffin, baked beans, potato salad and sweet tea.

Thanks guys. I sitting here thinking about whats next. I definitely want to learn how to do shoulders/butts and briskets at some point but I better keep experimenting with cheap cuts for awhile.

Mike,

We are high and dry but most of the roads around us are flooded. A lot of our friends have had their houses flooded for the second time this year. So sad.

Scott-

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky