finally decided!!!!

Discussion in 'Wood Smokers' started by monctynj, Apr 29, 2011.

1. monctynj

monctynj Newbie

Hey everyone...after careful consideration and reading several of the suggestions offered by the wonderful people on this forum I pulled the trigger and ordered the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker!!!!!!!  It arrives in about 3 days and the wife and I can't wait!

Thanks for all the help from everyone on here...it made the decision an easy one!!!

2. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Well congrats on the new smoker and all. Now I hope you got the big block (24" model) but if you didnt you will have a great first smoker. I have the smaller one and it was one of my first real smoker not a grill used as a smoker. I try my best to ware it out and it took a few years to do it too. Now I use it just for low temp smoking of sausages and bacons but it is still in use just not everytime I use a smoker. I have 2 others that I use alot more now.

3. miamirick

miamirick Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

congrats on the smoker  i got the same one  big block  first thing you gotta do is get a thermometer.   The pretty one on the door is about 20 degrees off  but it looks nice!  Other than that it is a great smoker  very easy to use and cranks out as much food as you need

4. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Grats on the WSM! You will really like how east the WSM's are to use, did you get the 18.5" or the 22.5" model?

5. I think you will be pleased with the WSM. I bought mine 2 weeks ago, and figured it out in no time. I did some pretty tasty Q without any prior experience on a smoker. I love my WSM!

6. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great choice! Congrats!