Finally a Vacation

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
As some of you know been trying to push myself into a vacation. Talked with my brother and said lets go to Colorado Springs. His son has some Airbnb's there and had open end of July. It all set. Bought my ticket today. I so excited. Thanks to you all giving me that push. So much nicer having someone to go with and him and his wife always have a great together. Only thing I hate is leaving dog at Kennel during heat. She spoiled.

khh.jpg

Nice, that’s great Brian. Try to go by the cave of the winds. Super cool. Welcome to Colorado. I’m over on the western side.

Takes pics and make us jealous of the great time your having. I'm expecting a full report of all the great food your eating. But most of all....ENJOY YOURSELF!
Jim

Reactions: 912smoker
Was in Colorado Springs years ago . Great time . Rained everyday at 6:00 pm . Camped by the mountains. I love that gloomy kind of violent weather . Matches my personality. Enjoy yourself . I'm in the smokey mountains right now with my kids and 2 of my sisters and family's.

That’s awesome. I’m glad for you. That’s what we are here for to help and celebrate others. I hope you have a great time. You definitely deserve it.

Congrats Brian! We have two dogs and we struggled with options... We decided the best we can do is kennel them. Luckily that our vet has a kennel so if anything was to happen, they should be able to handle it. we tried some of the overnight doggy day cares - every time there was a problem, got beat up by other dogs with scares (so pissed), the runs, you name it. never again. we had a dog sitter, but she was a ball of drama and i hate nothing more than drama.

Have a great trip!

Glad you decided to go Brian!! I get it with the dog too. I started having someone house sit ours lol. They are very spoiled.

Looks like a real cool place to visit!
I haven’t been on a vacation in 10 years or more, but I have everything I need right where I live. It’s a resort community, so I would be sleeping in someone else’s bed & doing the same things I do everyday right here at home. Now I have been retired for 17 years, so, If I was still working I would love to go anywhere on vacation!
Al

I just got back from a short guys weekend in Steamboat followed by a few nights with my oldest daughter and her husband, and a few day s with my mom. great trip to Colorado. they are getting more rain than Utah and it was pretty green there. I miss CO, not sure I can talk myself into moving back tho. They do have the dispensaries there...which is fun if you are into that :emoji_wink:

• Haha
Reactions: Fueling Around
I just got back from a short guys weekend in Steamboat followed by a few nights with my oldest daughter and her husband, and a few day s with my mom. great trip to Colorado. they are getting more rain than Utah and it was pretty green there. I miss CO, not sure I can talk myself into moving back tho. They do have the dispensaries there...which is fun if you are into that :emoji_wink:
Sounds like fun. You gotta take all the time you can with family. I had to cancel mine. Kennels all full. Maybe Sept.

• Sad
Reactions: bigfurmn
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky