Feed Frenzy…Smoked Dino Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2015
Alexandria, VA
All the Beef Rib threads I’ve been looking at made me crazy, so I headed to the butcher to satisfy the cravings….. I leave more fat on mine.

Salt, cracked pepper, EVOO, mesquite at 225 this morning before running around to soccer games all morning….

Once we were home it was stalled…happily chilling out. So I decided to do some smoked almonds….I’m still on this Whole30 so no sugar on the almonds…or butter. Clarified butter with Slap Ya Mamma Cajun seasoning. I also stuffed a few mushrooms with sausage

the sausage mushrooms were a nice appetizer with some Kraut and a bit of spinach for the bitter balance. Pulled the ribs off at 204 with nice probing results…..shhhhh….1 hour to rest….

After the rest it cut up nice, like beef butter…. The kids and wife ate it all on the cutting board without waiting for plates!

1676F29C-3718-4A11-8912-F4B1F771C2B1.jpeg
3CA9334D-893B-4D0E-B1AA-33D7D7FD9B9A.jpeg
170AEAE7-149B-43C1-A874-FA8CDDCE1B60.jpeg
56991CE8-2E41-4CBF-B93F-2DBF728F9BC3.jpeg
B2F4ABBE-881A-440C-83E0-5B5E1CC9D693.jpeg
0D563AA6-381F-41BC-A0AC-ADCFF9DF9AEE.jpeg
43C8D741-D84C-4CB8-ADA8-4E0769283EEC.jpeg
97DED0D6-C4EC-46FA-9A6C-7B06B53BEF21.jpeg
AC86B4C4-1846-40CC-8877-3F4437183ED9.jpeg
92408E2E-EAD9-468C-B4D5-902501BD6F86.jpeg
C63E9324-F7C3-4ADA-A582-D7700D0C68EF.jpeg
D8298AA6-EF0F-466E-8A05-C8D0883045D6.jpeg

Last edited:
All looks good. I don’t trim my beef ribs at all really. What’s the purpose of the Apple slices in the almond pic?

Reactions: bauchjw
All looks good. I don’t trim my beef ribs at all really. What’s the purpose of the Apple slices in the almond pic?

I thought I’d try smoking them with the almonds to put on my salad. Nothing great, but different. When I can eat sugar again I’ll try with brown sugar too.

Reactions: jcam222
Looks darn good to me! I'd be eating straight off the board too!
Jim
Thank you Jim, my daughter’s eyes rolled to the back of her head when she took a bite, then asked why we don’t eat those every night🤣
JW

Awesome looking ribs!
I haven’t done any in a while, and you have me hungry for some!
Al

Thank you Al, I appreciate it. There was one or two threads that got me hungry for em too!
JW

Thats a great looking piece of ribs, nice smoke ring
And all the fixens also.

Like your zen cat paper weight
David

thank you David, came out nice! Yes, the Zen cat was my wife’s purchase years ago that has slowly drifted over to my area as she gets other stuff. Now he’s kind of my coffee or beer drinking buddy as I stare at smoke and ponder deep thoughts.
JW

Those Ribs look amazing. Interesting combo of flavors in the Mushrooms. What kind of Sausage did you use?...JJ

All the Beef Rib threads I’ve been looking at made me crazy, so I headed to the butcher to satisfy the cravings….. I leave more fat on mine.

Salt, cracked pepper, EVOO, mesquite at 225 this morning before running around to soccer games all morning….

Once we were home it was stalled…happily chilling out. So I decided to do some smoked almonds….I’m still on this Whole30 so no sugar on the almonds…or butter. Clarified butter with Slap Ya Mamma Cajun seasoning. I also stuffed a few mushrooms with sausage

the sausage mushrooms were a nice appetizer with some Kraut and a bit of spinach for the bitter balance. Pulled the ribs off at 204 with nice probing results…..shhhhh….1 hour to rest….

After the rest it cut up nice, like beef butter…. The kids and wife ate it all on the cutting board without waiting for plates!

View attachment 514326View attachment 514327View attachment 514328View attachment 514329View attachment 514330View attachment 514331View attachment 514332View attachment 514333View attachment 514334View attachment 514335View attachment 514336View attachment 514337
Great looking Dino bones - that’s some good eatin

That's one beautifully orchestrated meal done to perfection, huge Like! RAY
Thank you Ray! Very appreciated!
JW
Wow! Them ribs look awesome!
Heck, even the almonds look really good too! Great job!
Thank you Yankee! The almonds came out excellent. When I’m off this diet I’ll try the Slap Ya Momma with a bit of brown sugar with butter or egg whites to bind. They’re a tasty snack and good on salads.

Those Ribs look amazing. Interesting combo of flavors in the Mushrooms. What kind of Sausage did you use?...JJ
Thank you JJ, yes, threw the mushrooms together, I used an apple chicken sausage my wife gets/likes and I only eat when restricting myself. the combo didn’t work to the point I’d do it again, but it was worth a go, the spinach was last minute addition to balance out some of the saltiness. I was trying to get the flavor star figured out from scratch, it isn’t easy!

Those ribs look phenomenal! I do like your thinking outside the box and trying the apples and almonds! Nice cook man!

Holy Cow JW!! That all looks fantastic. Don't know what I like most...the ribs, the 'shrooms, the almonds. Heck...just give me a plate full of it all please. Problem is that it appears that there's nothing left of the ribs except bones :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Great job on those ribs, and a nice job on those almonds too!
Well done.
Thank you Foamy! One more week snd I’ll be able to try your beans! Damn Hieght/Weight standards!

Holy Cow JW!! That all looks fantastic. Don't know what I like most...the ribs, the 'shrooms, the almonds. Heck...just give me a plate full of it all please. Problem is that it appears that there's nothing left of the ribs except bones :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Thank you Robert! I have the bones simmering with some good veggies in a pot right now for a nice stock! JW

Those ribs look phenomenal! I do like your thinking outside the box and trying the apples and almonds! Nice cook man!
Thank you Sir! It’s been a bit hectic, so lots of experimenting out of pure chaos!

WOW YUM! looks great!
Thank you Sandy!
JW

Last edited:
The ribs look awesome! I can see why your family ate them straight off the cutting board! Great to think outside the box... how else would ya know!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky