FDA OKs Lab-grown meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
will bring prices down on real meat tho, so to each their own.
Will it, though? Or will it make farm raised meats even more expensive? The profit margins on the farming end of the chain are already slim, so if there is even less profit, farmers, like myself, will have to quit. Most of us do it because we love doing it, but I draw the line when it costs me more to raise my animals than I make for doing it. It's going to be a rough winter as is with feed prices what they are now. 12% beef feed is up at least $2.00/50lbs. from this time last year, and that doesn't count the price increase on the diesel needed to cut and roll hay.

Alot of good points raised! But feel there's a long way to go. Look how much of an issue biotechnology has raised just in seed corn.

Ryan

Reactions: DougE
Alot of good points raised! But feel there's a long way to go. Look how much of an issue biotechnology has raised just in seed corn.

Ryan
There's that, too. The only things my calves have eaten before I sell them is momma's milk, grass and grain. No drugs (unless it's necessary to administer), growth hormones or anything like that. What the guy who buys them does from there is beyond my control, but we pretty much keep it as organic (not as in certified organic, but probably would meet those standards) as possible on this end. There is no telling what kind of junk it takes to grow lab meat, and you're eating that too.

Reactions: Newglide and TNJAKE
I mean, I will for sure try it. A couple of times a month we use Gardein's chicken in a salad. It is fantastic. Would I make fajitas out of it? No.

I think it’s someone’s idea to help with the current, and soon to get worse, worldwide food shortages. There are just too many people on this planet & not enough food sources. People will be priced out of the expensive cuts first, then meat all together. It will be a luxury for the rich only! JMHO
Al

Reactions: SmokyMose
Just another step in the many nuanced nudges towards iron grip control of the food chain. Imagine a world where they declare raising livestock and other animals “unsafe”.

Just another step in the many nuanced nudges towards iron grip control of the food chain. Imagine a world where they declare raising livestock and other animals “unsafe”.
Did you just see what that climate terrorist did? Wait for it............
Yep! Sure did, that cow just farted! :emoji_blush:
I couldn't help it!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: jcam222 and gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky