Favorite widely available bourbon or whiskey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lots of good suggestions to try everyone thanks! Today I picked up a Wild Turkey 101 Rye and Evan Williams Bottled in Bond. Gonna have a go at them later tonight. But now I have many others to add to my list.

Reactions: noboundaries
I'll let my screen name answer for me...

All flavors of it... Jack Fire is way better than Fireball ...

Don't know if I'll ever open this one... Bought at the end of the distillery tour in 1996 ...
IMG_1605.JPG
IMG_1609.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Basil Hayden and Contradiction are generally my two go twos. If you like Basil Hayden, try the dark rye, I think I may like that better than regular Basil

Reactions: forktender and JCAP
My usual bourbon is Woodford Reserve. I keep one bottle on the bar for drinking neat and another in the freezer for manhattans. The best value used to be Eagle Rare at about $32 per bottle, but it drank like a more expensive bottle. Unfortunately, they jacked up the prices a little higher than they should have.

But my absolute go to whiskey isn't bourbon. It's not uncommon for me to polish off a bottle of the stout version of the Jameson Caskmates in a single sitting.

Reactions: BigW. and JCAP
Took a trip to the Bourbon Holy Land of Louisville a few years ago and hit just about every distillery we could find. It was an amazing adventure. My best finds were Woodford Double Oak, anything by Michters, and there was a great Angel’s Envy aged in rum barrels. They’ve all become $$$ since then but I still keep those in the collection. Also discovered I loved White Dog/Moonshine And a lot of distilleries bottle it like Maker’s Mark and Buffalo Trace. Another discovery I made is not a bourbon but a corn liqueur called Nixta Licor de Elote that will astound and amaze you. It’s like the sweet cousin of bourbon. If you like bourbon you’ll love Nixta.

Reactions: mneeley490
I'm a Makers Mark Ambassador #643361. I waited 9 years for my barrel to mature so i like MM. Second is Angels Envy
I love the Ambassador Christmas gifts. Took a while for my barrel to mature as well. Made the trip there and got to hand dip my own bottles with my name on the label. That was a nice touch. Out of all the distilleries I think they were my favorite tour. Beautiful distillery.

Greetings everyone,
I've recently started a small bourbon/whiskey/scotch collection and am shooting to add to it. So, what's your favorite bourbon/whiskey etc. under ~$50. Bonus points if it's widely available. This is my current meager collection:
View attachment 522066
recommend Weller SR or if you like some something with a little more kick Weller Antique. hit or miss on finding it but it’s around so keep an eye out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky