favorite thing to cook & why

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'd have to say spare ribs.
They are easy to smoke & don't take too long.
And I love eating them!
Al

This one is easy for me, for sure it is veal ravioli. Because it reminds me of Sunday dinners at Noni's house. Followed closely by shreaded beef tamales or baha lingcod tacos.

There is a few pics becasue this thread is useless without pics! Happy Smoking said:
Didn,t even think of pics!!
upload_2018-10-4_7-26-2.jpeg

upload_2018-10-4_7-26-46.jpeg

Reactions: hillbillyrkstr
I’m with Al. Spare ribs are sooo good and only take 5-6 hrs.
Pulled pork is what I make the most of though. Pretty simple- rub it, smoke it, pull it, eat it!!!

This is a hard question...like picking a favorite child. I have to say one of my true passions is sausage making so I love smoking kielbasa, hot links, jalapeno bacon cheddar links, pepperoni, etc. etc. If we are just going meats, I would say a good smoked beef short rib rubbed with some worcestershire and SPOG is hard to beat! Could eat way more of them in a sitting than I ever should.

Wow, I don't know how to choose, because so much of what I smoke/cook depends on my mood. Tri tips, brisket, pork butts, spare ribs, every kind of poultry (whole, parted, boneless/skinless), jerky, buckboard and back bacon, I love doing it all.

Probably the meat I most look forward to buying and smoking/grilling every year is prime rib cut into cowboy steaks. I've only got one left in the freezer, but the holidays will be here soon enough to stock up again.

Oh, and anything Italian. I made Pasta Carbonara last night. Such delicious, bacony carbs. There are two servings left. My wife made it clear this morning I'd be packing my bags if I eat her portion for lunch. I'm weighing my options.

Wow, this is a tough call..
I love to cook.
Favorite ways to cook? 1) Over a camp fire 2) Smoker ( for over a year now ) 3) Charcoal Grill / Gas Grill 4) Cast Iron Pan.

Favorite thing to cook, hands down a good steak in any of the above mentioned ways. Babyback or ST. Louis ribs, BBQ Chicken, pork but or roasts, chops, fresh fish over a campfire, beef roasts, fresh veggies on the grill, seafood, beans, soups, chili, pasta.....The list goes on.

We just made 17 quarts of pasta sauce a couple weeks ago, better then anything from a store.

Have to have two favorites.
Long smoke is brisket, while not perfected i have managed a couple of good ones and was great.
Short smoke is a pork loin. Easy, few hours, always tender and juicy.

Baby backs are my number one. Tri tip is my second. The reason is my ribs are a favorite of all that eat them and the tri tip is my all time favorite hunk of meat to eat hot off the grill.

Last edited:
I love to smoke any meat really but ribs are prob my favorite

Attachments

• 20180909_101522.jpg
    20180909_101522.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Ryder996
Definitely Tri Tip. It’s so easy to get right in a relatively short time. Oh and the flavor. I’m doing one on Monday since I’m fortunate to have the day off.

George

My favorite thing to make is new stuff that I haven't made before or at least that I haven't mastered.
I love coming here and wearing out the search feature & reading through all the threads. Next I usually head to youtube and google.
I make a folder on my desktop and start with a word doc that I list ingredients and other pertinent info.
I rarely use someone else's recipe I normally start with a bastardized version of several and then add and subtract my own ingredients based on what I like and or have access to.
I always have my phone on me so I take pics along the way and make notes in my word doc of how things turned out and exactly what I ended up using and smoke times and temps ect. This way I have stuff to look back on or a final detailed recipe I can repeat if it turned out good.
All my notes and links to recipes I found that sounded good are all in my word doc.

Here is a screenshot of a recent folder:
0Q3rNUWh.jpg

Being from buffalo, we eat a lot of chicken wings up here from a deep fryer. Peoples eyes light up at first bite and they instantly get what smoking meat is all about.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky