favorite thing to cook & why

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ravenclan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 8, 2009
Newalla,Oklahoma
what is everyone's favorite thing to cook/smoke and why?

Mine is Baby Back ribs on the smoker or even my webber Charcoal grill's. love the taste and very easy to cook. and all of my friends never get tired of them. when ever we get together the first thing I am asked to cook is the Baby backs.

I use to do spare ribs but the baby backs seem a little more meatier and easier to prep and cook.

Has to be brisket. And that’s only because it’s the one meat that I don’t feel I’ve perfected up to my own standards. And when it comes out great it’s unbelievable!

I’m always trying to challenge myself.

Nice thread topic! Like!

Scott

I love to make smoked kielbasa, pork, (sometimes hot dogs) and sauerkraut with beer (S&P, onion and butter) in the pressure cooker. Served with mashed potatoes. It's simple, fast and it always comes out right. It's the perfect comfort food.

I finally got my brisket the way i want it, only took four years and many over night smokes "and beer". Since it was the hardest to perfect i started it first then moved on from there. i have been smoking for close to 15 years and grilling for longer then i want to say here!

my next challenge would be a whole hog but that will be a summer time smoke and also a all nighter.

Has to be a pork butt by far..

Reasons:
*Economical
*Can be made into buckboard bacon or pulled pork
*Doesn't require fancy prep work to be good
*Pulled pork can be used in likely a hundred ways as left overs.
*Always a sure hit when you got people over.

Reactions: jcam222
Any meat that goes on my smoker on a nice sunny day. Drinking a cold beer and relaxing with the wife and skidmark. Is my favorite. It gets better if the kids happen to show up. The reason is - there is nothing more relaxing and enjoyable.

Chris

I love pulled pork, wings, and baby backs, all low and slow.

I can't list brisket yet because I've only done it twice and it is too much meat and too expensive to do often.

After reading through some recipes on this site, I have a feeling I will be adding to my favorites. Smoked meatloaf, beef sausage "log", and smoked cheese are all on the horizon.

Not sure if I have a favorite right now. My 6yr old daughter keeps asking for ribs again so if I do pick a favorite that would be it just because she loves them so much.
20180704_202954.jpg

I end up doing wings more than anything because of time constraints.

Probably pastrami would be my favorite thing all in all to smoke. So tasty

Any meat that goes on my smoker on a nice sunny day. Drinking a cold beer and relaxing with the wife and skidmark. Is my favorite. It gets better if the kids happen to show up. The reason is - there is nothing more relaxing and enjoyable.

Chris

That's The Life™ you're describing there!..lol. Sounds lovely. Very sweet.

Reactions: gmc2003
Not sure if I have a favorite right now. My 6yr old daughter keeps asking for ribs again so if I do pick a favorite that would be it just because she loves them so much.View attachment 377474

Luvcatchingbass, enjoy these times while you can. Before you know it your kids are all grown up, and your wondering where the time went. Beautiful picture btw. I have one of my son while potty training sitting on the toilet pretending to read the paper, and another one where he fell asleep at Thanksgiving and I placed an empty beer bottle on his high chair. We both have copies of these on our desks at work.

Chris

I think my favorite thing to smoke is Prime rib like Bear. I also like to heat that smoker up for about anything these days because i love to smoke! I love to smoke meat for others. so another favorite is a gift smoke ort a smoek that others will enjoy!
For grilling i love to grill steak! i just like to eat steak too!

There is a few pics becasue this thread is useless without pics!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

I would say chicken...It's a short smoke and it's not real expensive.
I like split chicken breasts and thighs.
I'm usually smoking chicken at least once a week.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky