Favorite Racks for Making Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

noboundaries

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 7, 2013
Roseville, CA, a suburb of Sacramento
I don't have or want a dehydrator. I use my oven, WSM, or Kettle to make jerky.

I bought one set of the racks shown below. Used them once, and immediately bought another set. Each set comes with one rack that fits in a half baking sheet and two stackable racks. With a little creative rack placement, all six racks will fit in the oven and 22.5" WSM. Six racks give a total rack space of 1188 sq. inches. I chose these particular racks because the holes are only 3/8"

I currently have 4.5 lbs of whiskey marinated bottom round on 4 racks drying into jerky in my oven (too dang hot to go outside). I can dry that in about 4 to 5 hours. The latest pic is on my phone. I will upload it in a minute.

BTW: made in China, as evidenced by "Dishwasher Salf."

Screenshot 2022-07-21 131629.jpg

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Another BTW. I'll pull the stacked racks out of the oven after 4 or 5 hours. I'll leave them stacked and point a fan on low at them for a couple hours or more. It cools them off AND drys them a little more to the point I want. I never did that until I bought the racks.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Resurrected this thread due to Sven's recent jerky experience. These racks get used for so much more than jerky. My oven racks have a space of 1 1/4" between the bars that run front to back, which makes for some fit issues with bread pans placed front to back, not side to side. I place one of these racks on the oven racks...problem solved!

They are essential to me for making jerky AND baking bread.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky