Favorite Leftover BBQ Recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
7 Adults in the House... Leftover Q is rare and that won't likely see Daylight. My Wife has to Grab and Stash away a portion of whatever for the Breakfast Hash Burritos I LOVE!...JJ

With all due respect, if you're not ending up with any leftovers then you don't have enough food in your smoker to start with. :emoji_laughing:

Agreed, but a Basic Weekly Shop cost $300+. Add Meat to fill the smoker and we're at $500, easy...JJ

"You can childproof your home, but they'll keep getting back in.
:emoji_smile:"

You are 100% correct Chile. They do somehow manage to keep coming back. I'ts kinda like making something idiot proof. Every time you do, God just comes along and makes a better idiot.

Robert

Reactions: Richard Foster
Nirvana said it best "Sell the kids for food" hahaha then you can smoke something! :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I wanna make some pork fried rice with leftover pork rib meat.
Easypeasy!
I like my Fried Rice loaded.

1lb Rice, cooked
1/4C oil or bacon grease
1-2C chopped meat
3 eggs , scrambled
2 green onions, greens and all chopped
1/2C celery, chopped small
1/2C carrot, shredded and chopped
1/2C bell pepper, chopped
1/4C peanuts

Soy sauce, just enough to get some color on the rice.
You can substitute Tare or Oyster sauce for Soy, darker color and much more flavor.
Curry is also great, but then it's no longer Fried Rice, but Curried Rice.

Crushed red pepper and salt to taste.

Scramble eggs, nice and moist, set aside.
Lightly saute veggies, set aside.
Fry rice in oil till you get some color on it, add Soy and mix it in.
Add spices to taste.
Add meat, veggies and egg, mix it in.
Garnish with peanuts.

Yummy!

Agreed, but a Basic Weekly Shop cost $300+. Add Meat to fill the smoker and we're at $500, easy...JJ

I know the pain, that is why I wait until there is a good sale on what ever I am looking to smoke, buy bunches, smoke it, vacuum seal it and freeze it. Nothing ever ends up going to waste. We are having leftover smoked turkey breast tonight. Just enough left for sandwiches.

chilerelleno Thanks for the recipe. made it, sort of, over the weekend. My lil girl didn't want rice for dinner I ended up subbing mac & cheese for the rice, also subbed the onion for some fresh parsley and basil, and some tomatoes from the garden. turned out great, so great in fact, there were no leftovers.

Why are you skipping the obvious step? LOL

Hahaha I guess you could smoke the kids for food. I heard or read somewhere that when a tribe of cannibal people were asked what human meat taste like they said pork. I'll be eating just fine then in the zombie apocalypse:emoji_yum:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky