Deconstructed Chicken Pot Pie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
What we have here is a tasty deconstructed chicken pot pie.

I started by frying some chicken breasts, and then deglazed the pan with a liberal amount of white wine.
Reduced the wine by half, tossed in some butter and some fresh sage and thyme.
To that I added my raw chopped carrots and cooked it down till the carrots were almost glazed.
Then I added enough chicken stock to barely cover and simmered till the carrots were about halfway to tender.
Dumped in diced celery and sweet onion, and more chicken stock till just barely peeking up through the veggies, and cooked them till just tender.
Now I added chopped bell pepper and whole kernel corn, mixed it all together and simmered it down till the stock was almost gone.
Meanwhile I cubed my chicken breasts and dumped it into my veggies.

And here is when I cheated the first time and opened two 12oz jars of chicken gravy.

Combine it all together and let it slowly simmer while I started prepping the puff pastry.
Before serving taste and add salt till the flavors start to 'Pop!'.

And for my second cheat, frozen puff pastry is the order of the day here... I ain't got time for that.

Partially thaw and cut each section into six pieces, generously paint with egg wash and then sprinkle with coarse salt.
Bake at 400° till puffed and golden.

Throw one or two pieces of pastry in a bowl and add the chicken, serve!

20220819_171234.jpg

Last edited:
Dang Chile, I am impressed sir. Very creative, very well thought out, and perfectly executed. Talk about the ultimate comfort food. Just gorgeous my friend!!

Robert

Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky