Favorite Beer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I like anything. That rebel IPA from sam adams is good.  Go to everyday is coors light.  Just depends on my mood.

That cold snap was also good...

I saw this and had to add a comment, I am Canadian so all I can really say is Mmmmmmmmmmm beer !!!

where I live everything is Gov controlled so we have The Beer Store or the LCBO, I like to try different beers all the time but since I found out that the Beer Store is not North American owned I have been buying beer at the LCBO, still a rip off but at least my money is staying on this side of the planet. So lately it has been Keith's Red(east coast beer) Canadian Wheat, or Rolling Rock. But the way things have been going I need a good summer beer to help with the winter ( going to snap, had enough blues) any suggestions? 

Cheers 

Kitt 

try sam adams cold snap....its got coriander and orange pull in it....also shiner white wing is fruity and refreshing, has coriander and orange peel also in addition to ginger

Cincinnati has a local brewery called "Mad Tree". And they put out some incredible stuff. They are a new brewery though and haven't expanded distribution yet. My favorite is probably the "Axis Mundi" Imperial Stout. I'll take it or also their IPA any day of the week over a national brand, or even other craft beers I've had from different breweries around the US.

I've live all over the country and have been around the world more than a few times (US Navy retired) and the one thing I learned about beer is this:

Find a MACRO brew that you like.  I've found many micro brews that I've loved over the years but being transferred to another part of the country, you can't find that particular micro brew any more.  Much less trying to find a beer you loved when over seas!

That being said, Coors Light as an everyday beer.  George Killian's Irish Red for those special occasions. 

However, I won't ever turn down any cold beer that doesn't cost me a thing other than PBR, Molson Light and Lone Star.  I'll drink the water out of the cooler before I drink one of those.

Funny thing about age.  When you are young you are pretty much a beer snob.  As you get older, you will drink pretty much what is on hand.  You will have your favorites, of course, but if your favorite isn't on hand you will go down the list until you find something liking to your palate.

Fun thread.  So many great beers.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Summerfest are favorites.  Great restaurant at the brewery in Chico, CA too.

Blue Moon Belgian White and Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy.  We loved Blue Moon's Honey Summer Wheat but the SOG's retired it.  That's when we switched to Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy, but not before we sent the folks at BM an e-mail telling them how disappointed we were they retired our favorite brew.

Sam Adam's Boston Lager.  Haven't been too crazy about the rest of their offerings.

Rolling Rock. 

Pretty much any hefeweizen.

Last edited:
I've gotten to like a lot of the Southern Tier offerings. Their 2xIPA is real good.

Hop'solutely from Fegley Brewing is another favorite. The 11% abv will make you introduce yourself to the ground if you're not careful.

My favorite beer is Bells 2-Hearted Ale. Tough to find at times in my area.

My go-to, cutting the grass on a hot summer day beer is Yuengling Chesterfield Ale in a can. The best canned beer I've tried. And cheap!

Berkshire Brewing Company's Coffee House Porter... Which you can only get in New England. Unfortunately I live in NY, but a buddy of mine from northern CT brings some down whenever he visits. As far as one that I can get any time I wanted it, Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and Bitter American

FREE AND COLD!

IN THAT ORDER! 
drool.gif

try sam adams cold snap....its got coriander and orange pull in it....also shiner white wing is fruity and refreshing, has coriander and orange peel also in addition to ginger
Cold Snap got a *** 1/4 out of 5 stars from me. Most Sam Adams are this way. Never getting more than 3 1/2 stars. I like Shiners, but have not seen the White Wing. Last one I tried was the Ruby Red Bird, *** 1/2 +. My fav is still the Black Lager and the Bock, both ****.

Fun thread.  So many great beers.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Summerfest are favorites.  Great restaurant at the brewery in Chico, CA too.

Blue Moon Belgian White and Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy.  We loved Blue Moon's Honey Summer Wheat but the SOG's retired it.  That's when we switched to Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy, but not before we sent the folks at BM an e-mail telling them how disappointed we were they retired our favorite brew.

Sam Adam's Boston Lager.  Haven't been too crazy about the rest of their offerings.

Rolling Rock. 

Pretty much any hefeweizen.
Being you like Blue Moon (me too) have you tried Shock Top Belgian White?
Blue Moon Wheat ****  Never heard they retired it??!!?

Last edited:

However, I won't ever turn down any cold beer that doesn't cost me a thing other than PBR, Molson Light and Lone Star.  I'll drink the water out of the cooler before I drink one of those.
Ha ha, I found a lot of humor in that.  Being in South Texas, I grew up on Lone Star.  I remember back in the day (30 years ago) I would buy a 12 pack of Lone Star and go over to a friends house, drink 6-7 and leave the rest.  The next weekend I still had beer in his fridge.  Nobody would drink them through the week.

Being you like Blue Moon (me too) have you tried Shock Top Belgian White?
Blue Moon Wheat ****  Never heard they retired it??!!?
Yep, Shock Top is our backup if the BMBelWhite is not available.  Pretty close to equal tasting beer.

Last summer the BM Honey Summer Wheat was never on the shelves.  We checked several places then went to BM's website and there it was in the Retired Ales section along with some really crappy brews.  They replaced it with Agave Nectar Ale which we didn't care for at all.  So, Leinenkugel gets our money in the summer.

Yep, Shock Top is our backup if the BMBelWhite is not available.  Pretty close to equal tasting beer.

Last summer the BM Honey Summer Wheat was never on the shelves.  We checked several places then went to BM's website and there it was in the Retired Ales section along with some really crappy brews.  They replaced it with Agave Nectar Ale which we didn't care for at all.  So, Leinenkugel gets our money in the summer.
 I like the Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat. Not bad. We tend to be opposite going with Shock Top first then Blue Moon.

Cold Snap got a *** 1/4 out of 5 stars from me. Most Sam Adams are this way. Never getting more than 3 1/2 stars. I like Shiners, but have not seen the White Wing. Last one I tried was the Ruby Red Bird, *** 1/2 +. My fav is still the Black Lager and the Bock, both ****.
i LOVE ruby redbird...thats all i drink once it comes out!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky