Father's Day Steaks!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pops6927

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 23, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.
Our younger son, Rob and Nissreen and and Emily, came over Friday night and cooked us a fantastic Father's Day meal of sirloin steaks on the Camp Chef Pellet Grill, Plus all the fixin's! The steaks:
IMG_1243 (1).jpg

The Meal!
IMG_1244.jpg

Emily up in our Bur Oak tree!
IMG_1257.jpg

emily and me.jpg

rob and me.jpg

emily in tree.jpg

with me watching! Plus, they gave me a $30 WinCo gift card, which is right down the street from us! Baby Backs, maybe?!

The food was delicious! Rob cooked the steaks out on the Camp Chef Pellet Grill, first on high smoke (settled down to 225°) to an internal of 125°, then turned it up to 450° to give them a sear and took them off at 135° internal! They were perfectly done medium rare!
Plus we all had summer squash and zuccini hot salad, baked potatoes, grilled asparagus, rolls and tossed salad! A fantastic meal all prepared by them for us!

Then afterwards we watched Emily climb up in the tree, the big Bur Oak tree we planted as a sapling 10 years prior, shading our entire back lawn now!

Lots of fun with family!

Last edited:
Wow...great meal and a great family to come over and cook it for you. Congrats, and even though you aren't my father, happy Fathers Day!!

Robert

Looks like a Great "Pops Day" from here!!
Thanks for sharing it with us, Pops!
Like.

Bear

Last edited:
Doesn't get much better than a great meal and family time, sounds like a fine day! RAY

Looks like those steaks were perfect and all those veggies sound really tasty! Glad you had a great time with the fam!

Wundermus!!!! Also, I noted your table -- five places, five salad dressings!! Looks just like our table. Everyone has their own smack for the tossed salad! Thanks for sharing. Good to see you, Pops!!

Everything looks excellent Pops! Glad your Family came over.

Enjoy!

Mike

Great looking steaks! Family time is always good time. And like me, you cant deny that boy as being yours!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky