Father's Day Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bobcats110

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Riverview, FL
Hadn't had ribs in a while and we were having another couple over so I figured I'd fire up the Char Griller smoker side for some ribs.  I decided to try three different rubs for an unscientific taste test.  One that I like from a BBQ place in TX (Rio Ranch Seasoning Brisket Rub), another that I got at a trade show (where companies can put their name on this nameless rub recipe) and my friend's secret recipe.

Photos below.  Temp was a bit high to start but then settled in around 240-250 and did 3-2-1 method, spritzing with apple juice each hour.  End result was not my best ribs as they were a little charred and a bit dry in places.  The rub comparison was a success.  I decided that my favorite is now a former favorite as it's just a bit too salty.  Maybe I need to use less.  The no-name was actually pretty darn good.  Just a tad of saltiness but tasty.  The secret recipe, which I affectionately call the "earthy" one was "ok" and I think some overly fatty ribs sabotaged it a bit.

All in all, I got to smoke some meat, we ate it and there were some leftovers - so a good Father's Day.  Hope all the other Dad's had a good day as well.

About to go on.

035a4ee8_FDGoingOn.jpg

End of hour 2

27bac534_FD2HR.jpg

Chugging Along

99e0c050_FDSmokin.jpg

End Result - sorry it's a bit blurry but I was shaking with anticipation.

b0edbe7d_FDDone.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky