1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Father's Day pizza party

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by idahopz, Jun 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. idahopz

idahopz Smoking Fanatic

Well, we didn't use a smoker, but we dads can do any kind of cook we like, right? :D

We did a pizza party yesterday in honor of Father's Day. All our kids are grown and away from home, and won't be able to visit, so us dads decided to make a fun day cooking pizzas.

It was a rainy day, and a bit cold so we lit the fire table to keep warm.
    [​IMG]

Plenty of wine (red, white, and pink) kept us in good spirits despite the rain. At least it wasn't windy!
    [​IMG]

Oven is lit, and to temperature - it may be ugly but it works! We like to use about 600 to 700 degrees.
    [​IMG]

Staging area where we start the pizzas
    [​IMG]

This was a full sized pizza before I turned my head for 30 seconds! At least they saved me this piece. It is a cheeseburger pizza - crust painted with ketchup, drizzled with mustard, topped with freshly ground chuck (ground with extra tri-tip fat) and a generous dose of sharp cheddar cheese.
    [​IMG]

The missus helping a friend build her pizza - chicken, artichoke hearts, olives, and too many vegetables for my taste :D
    [​IMG]

My buddy making his meat lovers pizza - now that's what I'm talking about!
    [​IMG]

Meat, cheese, and balsamic grilled mushrooms - perfect!
    [​IMG]

I think everyone is full - I know I am
    [​IMG]

Using the residual heat in the oven, we let these tomatoes roast overnight in the oven. in the morning they are like fruit leather - chewy, sweet, and full of Italian herb flavor.
    [​IMG]

2. mike5051

mike5051 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Looks like a great time! "Like"

Mike

3. jaxgatorz

jaxgatorz Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Awesome way to spend the day.. Great looking play area and an even better looking view!!!

4. xray

xray Master of the Pit

Wow what a view! Pizza looks good too!! I’m adoptable...

5. gmc2003

gmc2003 Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member

Impressive layout and view you got there. I like it. oh and the pizza looks good to.

Chris

6. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Fantastic looking pizza!
    I love your setup!
    Al

7. idahopz

idahopz Smoking Fanatic

Thanks Mike!

Appreciate the comment and the like, Mike - we missed having the kids, but made a great day of it

:D Thanks xray!

Appreciate the comment Chris! I have to admit that the layout is better than the pizza

Thanks Al! We enjoy having all kinds of finger foods handy for the guests, and then having them use the assortment of ingredients to build their favorite pizza. Lots of fun, and everyone gets to share their creation with the group. Makes for an entertaining day.

8. browneyesvictim

browneyesvictim Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Wow! Impressive pizza party! And that's a view I could get used to!

9. RiversideSm0ker

RiversideSm0ker Master of the Pit

Are you kidding me with that view? Oh and the the river vista was nice too. But seriously, I would love to have a view like that from my patio. Hell, I'd love to have a patio. Your setup is amazing. Love the layout you have with your grill right there. It sure looks like you guys had an amazing day. The pizza idea is excellent. Congrats on a great and relaxing Father's Day.

George

10. idahopz

idahopz Smoking Fanatic

Thanks for the like! It was a fun party, and as the old saying goes, every day is a gift.

Thanks George! It was a great Father's Day, and the gentle rain was actually kind of fun because we were able to stay dry :D Thanks for the like!

11. yankee2bbq

yankee2bbq Master of the Pit

Just saw this thread. Looks like you enjoyed your Father’s Day! Pizza looks great!

Love the view of the river! Reminds me of the landscape around here. ( the Ozarks)

12. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit Group Lead

Just saw this..there has to be a double like button. Great looking food and spot there! How often you fall asleep out there? I know I would on a hammock!

13. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

OMG !!!---I just now found this!!
    Awesome Set-up!!
    Fantastic Views!!
    Mighty Tasty looking Vittles!!!
    Like.

Bear

14. idahopz

idahopz Smoking Fanatic

Thank you yankee2bbq, and thanks for the like - we love to cook pizzas on the wood oven, especially now that we're accustomed to making a proper fire without burning, nor making the pies too slow to bake - it was quite the learning experience.

Very kind TomKnollRFV, and thank you for the like. Just coincidentally I purchased a free standing hammock for the missus and I must say it is perfect for napping, something I like to do

Thanks John, and thanks for the like! We've lived here for 30 years this year, and we never tire of the view, solitude, and a neighborhood that will likely not grow larger during our lifetimes (we're on 10 acres and no one can build anywhere close)

15. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit Group Lead

Ha..better get the mosquito net to go around it then now too! LOL