Fancy Wood Products. (Bear Jr)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Fancy Wood Products. (Bear Jr)

I figured some of you would enjoy seeing some of this stuff Bear Jr has been making in his Side Business/Hobby.
He has his own Tower Corporation for the last 22+ years, but last year he set aside a portion of his smaller warehouse, and started buying
woodworking machines. He even put heat in the Woodworking part of the Building.

I already showed you guys a few of the things he made for us & for his wife, but here are a few more for me to show off (LOL).

I taught him a lot of what I know, over the years, but he managed to find a CNC Router for a great price (California), and with that, he can do stuff I couldn’t do in my 20 year Complete Cabinet Shop.

He sells a lot of these things on ETSY, and some more locally.
Link:

Rustic Legends WoodWorks by RusticLegendWoodworx on Etsy

Hope You All Enjoy the pics,

Bearcarver

End Grain Black Walnut Cutting Board:
il_794xN.2062462346_cq1y.jpg

Custom Woven Serving Tray:
il_1140xN.3017544853_ry5o.jpg

Custom Woven Cheese Board:
il_794xN.2265281951_tm3r.jpg

Lake Wallenpaupack Live Edge, Walnut & Resin Coffee Table:
il_794xN.2073463947_wo2n.jpg

On Edit: Here's a Map I found on the Internet for you to compare to Bear Jr's Epoxy Map in the Coffee Table above. He routed the Lake in the Walnut Top & filled it with Blue Epoxy. Then He routed the words "Lake Wallenpaupack" in the Blue Epoxy, and filled it with Black Epoxy:
Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 5.23.36 PM.png

Live Edge Ocean Walnut & Resin Coffee Table:
il_794xN.2331372184_4wni.jpg

Decorative Surfboard Home Art:

il_794xN.2641771687_jw9h.jpg

Custom Walnut & Resin Ocean Key Holder:
il_794xN.3000870341_i58w.jpg

Abstract Wooden Wall Art:
il_794xN.2212826092_b097.jpg

Last edited:
Those are some really nice works of art. Definitely some skill mixed with good tooling. I could see that walnut cutting board in my cook area.

Reactions: 912smoker
Those are superb.

Are you guys located near Lake Wallenpaupack? I used to go there every year as a kid.

I've been a woodworker all my life Bear and I gotta tell you, that's some damned fine work right there. Super attention to detail and great mixes of wood. Just curious, does Bethany do the artwork on the ocean themed pieces? I believe you mentioned once that she's a very talented artist.

Robert

you say he's on ETSY, What is the shop name? I tried off the tag, but maybe I'm just not reading it right?

Your son has an artistic eye. What a great use of movement in the wood grain. Beautiful!

Reactions: 912smoker
I had a roommate many years ago (carpenter by trade) that turned out wood bowls very much like your son's stuff. He asked me if I thought he could sell them in a store somewhere. I told him that they belonged in an art gallery, not Target. Same goes for Bear Jr.'s work.

Those are really incredible. The added colors too really enhance these. I've mentioned before how talented your Family is, and it really shows. Thanks for sharing. I have literally no woodworking skills, lol. And it makes me appreciate the attention to detail much more.

The talent doesn't fall far from the tree. Very nice !

Thank You Rider!!
Appreciate the Compliment.

Bear

Those are some really nice works of art. Definitely some skill mixed with good tooling. I could see that walnut cutting board in my cook area.

Thank You SG !!
Appreciate That!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky