Fall pork tenderloin with apple topping

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Did a couple more tenderloins last night. I had a few granny smith apples so i thought i would try something new. I wanted fall flavors so i mixed up a rub using equal parts webber original rub, McCormick pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar. Rubbed down the tenderloins and let them set on the counter t a little to soak in the flavors. Sliced some appels real thin and tossed them in some melted butter. Put them in a foil pan,added about a 1/3 cup of water then topped with brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. I also sliced a couple sweet taters and a half onion up . I layered those in a foil pan brushing with butter and topping with bbq rub and brown sugar between each layer. Everthing turned out great! It definitely got me the fall flavors I was craving with the cooler weather and the leaves changing. Here are some pictures of the cook. Enjoy!,

This is the rub i used this time
20191020_200757.jpg

And the pumpkin pie spice
20191020_200723.jpg

The sweet taters and the apples ready to go on the smoker!
20191020_175657.jpg

Now for the tenderloin. I used a decent amount of the rub. Equal parts rub,pie spice and brown sugar then let them rest and soak it all up.
20191020_183730.jpg
20191020_192303.jpg

The smoker was running about 275° the tenderloins only took a little over 25 min to reach an IT of 137° for one and 141° for the other. I wrapped in foil and let rest about 20 min before slicing. That gave me time to quick roast some asparagus in the oven.
17552.jpeg
17551.jpeg

Then plated up and topped with the apple topping.
17559.jpeg
17558.jpeg

Thanks for looking! Time to chow down!

Very nice! That all looks great! Love the fall flavors creation. Bet the apple topping would go great with a bowl of vanilla ice cream!

Very nice! That all looks great! Love the fall flavors creation. Bet the apple topping would go great with a bowl of vanilla ice cream!
Thanks! Ive been craving fall flavors this whole past week. My first thoughts for the apples was exactly what you were thinking but we didnt have any icecream and its an hour round trip to the store. So i went this route instead. Lol

Those tenderloins look awfully good to me.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks delicious!! The pumpkin pie spice sounds like a nice addition, very nice.
Thank you! I was not sure about the pie spice at first but it definitely added the flavors i was looking for. Ill be using that rub again. Or at least a variation of it.

Awesome looking plate and a fine job on the cook. I combine apple pie mix with the sweet potatoes when cooking.

Warren
Thanks!I almost put some on my sweet taters as well. But i didnt want everything on the plate to taste the same.

Man that is a fine looking plate! Cooked those loins to the perfect temp after wrap I bet they were juicy! Love the use of the pie spice on the pork. I am going to have to fit that into the fall smoking schedule somehow :)

Man that is a fine looking plate! Cooked those loins to the perfect temp after wrap I bet they were juicy! Love the use of the pie spice on the pork. I am going to have to fit that into the fall smoking schedule somehow :)
Thank you! Yes they were really juicy! I usually shoot for pulling them off at around 137° thats about perfect after the rest in foil. Definatly try out the pie spice i think you will be happy!

Reactions: jcam222
Oh boy, that looks good. I'm going to steal it. The perfect Fall meal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky