Extra Masterbuilt XL cabinet....suggestions on what I should do with it?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

darthtrader

Original poster
Oct 6, 2010
As fellow Masterbuilt XL owners might notice, the legs are screwed into the cabinet with some brass fittings welded (not so well) into the cabinet body.  When moving my smoker, I set it down unevenly and the brass fittings snapped.  One of the legs broke loose.  Since the brass fittings were welded into the unit, it was impossible to tighten the leg again.  Masterbuilt was kind enough to send me a replacement cabinet to reassemble the legs onto the new body.  So, now I have one spare cabinet with no legs or interior parts.  I'm thinking about perhaps turning it into a charcoal smoker with these kind of mods:

http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll137/DarthTraderSD/?action=view&current=Smoker.jpg

What do you all think?  Any other mod ideas?

icon_cool.gif

Well if you make sausage and bacon you could jut slip in a single hot plate burner and use it for low temp smoking. I have a extra gosm small block and thats what I use it for.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky