Ever use pig candy for your ABT's?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dasmoker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 18, 2009
I am sure it has had to be mentioned here, but I have not read through all the threads. But in case it hasn't been mentioned, try drudging your bacon in a brown sugar/ceyenne pepper mixture before wrapping the pepper. Man the ABT's come out fantastic that way.

I make a simple ABT. I use cream cheese and lil smokies, each peeper gets one lil smokie and filled with cream cheese, then I wrap the pepper with the brown sugar bacon.

I have only made these in the oven though, I have never smoked them. Will probably do so this weekend. mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I've done the oven method once or twice and they're ok. BUT these things have to be smoked. I also love using hickory bacon but will try your method above!

I dredged my apple smoked bacon in the brown sugga and placed them atop Herb cream cheeze from the local bagel shop . . . WOW hot garliccliy and Sweet! next time I try it with Cayanne.too

THeeeeeeeRe GrRRReaT (tony the Tiger)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky