Eggs Fri/Sat/Sun

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
My wife says get those eggs in cartons before they break.

Ok

Hey I said how many you think there for the 3 days without counting? Just guess.
hmeg.jpg

HA

I will say if you were closer you can have em.
And I will wash em.
Over 10 years ago my hunting buddy raised eggers. He gave me a dozen and I brought them home. My wife would not eat them due to (clean) brown shells and when I cracked the first pair the glorious deep orange yolk.
Well fast forward a few years and she decided that farm fresh are better eggs.
Now, we get unwashed eggs from our main supplier back in MN. Wife doesn't even wash them and just cracks in bowl (they're fertilized) to look for the speck.

Dang! I said 35 thinking no way a clean 3 dozen, had to be up or down, but nope, it was 36
Eric, you were still closest without going ove.

and Keith is disqualified for duplicate voting.

Drove up to Bushnell on Saturday for a truck show.
Passed a place along Hwy 27 with a sign for fresh eggs. Only about 20 mile round trip.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
The basket in the pic with egg washer is what I got yesterday 11, one of the girls was on vacation I guess :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: JLeonard
Is it true that if you don't wash the eggs you can leave them on the counter for at least 30 days? once they are washed they must be in the refrigerator and don't last as long?
Yes that is true, some leave up to 2 months.

Reactions: clifish
37 - you missed one in the coop.

I win I win I win!!!!!!!

You could always use them for a down payment on a beach house. We are truly living in "once upon a time" times because all eggs are now worth their weight in gold.

37 - you missed one in the coop.

I win I win I win!!!!!!!

You could always use them for a down payment on a beach house. We are truly living in "once upon a time" times because all eggs are now worth their weight in gold.
No beach house for me anymore...been there done that 8 years in Fla.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky