Eden Dry Black Soybeans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tallbm

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 30, 2016
Texas
Many of us do low carb or keto and have discovered the wonders of Black Soybeans being prepared the same way you would prepare pinto beans or black beans.
Since the pandemic though, there has been an issue that the supply of black soybeans has been spotty at best. Well I took a chance and found a source that came through with zero issues so I thought I would share with you.

I ordered a 25 pound bag of Eden dry Black Soy Beans. After shipping the cost is a little higher than the 7.5 pound Soymerica brand that we had all been buying BUT I just chalked it up to the cost of current supply chain woes, inflation, and hard times. In all the cost wasn't back breaking when I compare to how long the dry black soy beans have been unavailable and the nutritional benefit I get from them being low car and high protein while tasting amazing when cooked as though they are pinto/black beans.
Here is the link to what I purchased:

Here is the bag after I emptied it into big plastic ziplock style bags so the beans could be well sealed.
BdSWBCS.png

Ordering Experience:
I had zero issues with the order. I placed it on line and it came as advertised.
Processing and Shipping took about 7-9 days to complete and for the order to arrive at my door.
There was no bait and switch, no out of stock, no issues at all so I'm grateful for a hassle free experience.

Yeah, it's not 2 day free shipping but hey 25 pounds will last me a long while so was worth the longer wait and there were no tricks or games played.

Overall:
I'm making a pot of charro style black soy beans in the instant pot right now. I'll eat on them for dinner every evening until they run out later this week. Then I'll likely repeat another pot haha.
I'll let everyone know if there are any problems with the beans but they look perfectly normal. No visual issues at all.

Anyhow I just wanted to share this with you folks who enjoy the black soy beans like I do. Gluck if you decide to order :)

Reactions: jcam222
Not sure how I missed this thread. Im going to look into this.
Glad u found it!

It's been tough trying to find dry black soybeans and I waited till I was on the last bit of my Soymerica stock.

These came without fuss and I' been eatin on em since :)
Price isnt terrible but not great either. However, it's completely justifiable when you can't find black soybeans anywhere for a sensible price :)

Reactions: jcam222
I usually order cases too, Amazon is far higher than either Swanson or Vitacost.
Vitacost is hard to beat and often has 15% off plus free shipping when u order enough! :D

Vitacost is hard to beat and often has 15% off plus free shipping when u order enough! :D
I know this old, tallbm tallbm what was your cooking/cleaning method for black soybeans? Thinking of ordering the dry as canned has gotten so expensive?

Edit - I found you other thread with the step by step. How much dry beans is the equivalent to canned?

I know this old, tallbm tallbm what was your cooking/cleaning method for black soybeans? Thinking of ordering the dry as canned has gotten so expensive?

Edit - I found you other thread with the step by step. How much dry beans is the equivalent to canned?
Glad you found the other thread!

I couldn't tell you exactly what the equivalent is. I do 2.5 cups of dry beans at a time and with the veggies and such I add (tomato, onion, 1pound bacon) I get just under 3/4 of 6 quart instant pot.

So I would guess 2.5 cups should give at least 3 cans or so? I don't have a by weight apples to apples assessment but I feel if I added 3 cans, 1 can of diced tomato/jalapeno, 1 medium onion, and 1 pound of bacon that I would have less than what 2.5 cups of dry beans gives me.

If you give me a week or 2 I can make a pot and get better measurements but I don't think you will lose on cost per oz and you will have a long lasting supply of the beans. I still have pounds and pounds of them from that purchase :D

Apparently I missed this thread last time around.

Eden organic anything including soy both dry and canned are very common in local grocery stores.Goya also has both canned and dried.

Glad you found the other thread!

I couldn't tell you exactly what the equivalent is. I do 2.5 cups of dry beans at a time and with the veggies and such I add (tomato, onion, 1pound bacon) I get just under 3/4 of 6 quart instant pot.

So I would guess 2.5 cups should give at least 3 cans or so? I don't have a by weight apples to apples assessment but I feel if I added 3 cans, 1 can of diced tomato/jalapeno, 1 medium onion, and 1 pound of bacon that I would have less than what 2.5 cups of dry beans gives me.

If you give me a week or 2 I can make a pot and get better measurements but I don't think you will lose on cost per oz and you will have a long lasting supply of the beans. I still have pounds and pounds of them from that purchase :D
I am ordering 2 cases of cans on vitacost and 7 lbs of dry from Amazon (not eden soy). Vitacost has only 1 choice for dry and it is much more $$.

Do you precook the bacon on this first?

I am ordering 2 cases of cans on vitacost and 7 lbs of dry from Amazon (not eden soy). Vitacost has only 1 choice for dry and it is much more $$.

Do you precook the bacon on this first?
No I just toss the bacon in to cook with it. With the pressure cooker it gets so tender that a couple stirs of the pot and it comes apart so you have bacon bits all throughout the pot :D

Reactions: clifish
So, my wife is on a crazy restricted diet now due to surgery, what is special about these black soybeans vs other beans?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky