Easter surf and turf.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Better late then ever!

IMG_0434.jpg

Rib eyes and king crab with roasted taters. The rib eye were reversed seared. In the smoker for a hour. Then seared in the ooni oven with the grizzler plate. Came out fantastic.

Looks great Steve, The Rib Eye and the little potatoes look fantastic. But i would have to pass the Big old crab legs over to my wife . I'm not much on shell fish of any kind. She would gobble those right up
Big like on the whole plate though
David

Looks great Steve. Excellent combo, and looks like you're getting great use of that Ooni. Love Surf and Turf in most any form. I've been reverse searing all Thick cuts lately and really loving it.

Looks great Steve, The Rib Eye and the little potatoes look fantastic. But i would have to pass the Big old crab legs over to my wife . I'm not much on shell fish of any kind. She would gobble those right up
David
I'm with David on this. Too much work for too little reward on the legs. But that steak and taters would put me over the moon.
Jim

Wow Steve that looks fantastic. I'm not sure I'd be able to finish that plate, but I'd put a good dent in it.

Point for sure
Chris

Wish I were near! Yums!
My wife does the b size yukon golds peeled after boiling them, then in a fry pan in pure butter nicely browned on all sides. It is time consuming for her!
Yours looks near the same, how did you do them, step/step?

Man that looks good Steve!

Dave
Thanks Dave!

That looks killer Steve, yet another reason to buy one.:emoji_thumbsup:
Thank you!

David
Thanks David!

Nice job. Great looking meal. Crab has been to expensive for me.
Thanks Brian! These were 37.00 a pound. But worth it!

Good looking meal Steve.

Rob
Thanks Rob!

Beautiful plate bud!
Thank you!

Looks great Steve. Excellent combo, and looks like you're getting great use of that Ooni. Love Surf and Turf in most any form. I've been reverse searing all Thick cuts lately and really loving it.
Thanks Mike! That searing grill for the Ooni is perfect for this.

I'm with David on this. Too much work for too little reward on the legs. But that steak and taters would put me over the moon.
Jim
Thanks! These legs were huge. Well worth the effort!

Wow Steve that looks fantastic. I'm not sure I'd be able to finish that plate, but I'd put a good dent in it.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! It was a struggle, but I made justice of it.

Looks Like a Perfect Meal from here, Steve!!
Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear!

You had me at Surf
Haha! Thanks!

Wish I were near! Yums!
My wife does the b size yukon golds peeled after boiling them, then in a fry pan in pure butter nicely browned on all sides. It is time consuming for her!
Yours looks near the same, how did you do them, step/step?
Thank you! I boil them. Then freeze. Then fry or roast them in 50/50 butter and olive oil with salt, pepper, and parsley. That gives them time to get the skin nice and crunchy. Without overcooking the flesh.

A absolutely beautiful holiday dinner Steve, big Like! RAY
Thanks Ray!

Steve that all looks great but OMG the sear on that steak is gorgeous.
Thanks Jeff! The sear was near perfect on these.

Excellent looking meal. Nicely done !
Thank you!

Nice work Steve . Fantastic meal .
Thanks!

Perfection on a plate!
Thank you!

Thank you! I boil them. Then freeze. Then fry or roast them in 50/50 butter and olive oil with salt, pepper, and parsley. That gives them time to get the skin nice and crunchy. Without overcooking the flesh.
With the exception of freezing, evoo and roast in the oven, hers are the same.
Do you think that the oven at say 425 is the same as frying them?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky