• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Dutch Oven Recommendations

MileHighSmokerGirl

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 29, 2019
I’m looking for recommendations for a quality dutch oven.

It would be even better if there’s a Dutch Oven with a cast iron skillet combo.

I’m looking at making some over the top smoked chili as well as a smoked meatloaf soon.

Thank you in advance.

Brokenhandle

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
I'm betting your best bet would be going with lodge cast iron. Or at least find out the cost of new. Granted you could find a used one for less money but doubt there's much for garage sales going on in your area now! Lol. Besides, if you look on ebay, every piece is rare or vintage!

Ryan

SecondHandSmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 30, 2018
LOL! Yeah my CEO of Domestic Affairs has made the comment that I have enough heavy iron already.
Jim

:emoji_laughing:
Yep. The first question that would be asked is,
"where do you think you'll keep it? The kitchen cabinets are full."

Brokenhandle

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
I guess I was a bad boy this year! Had our rendezvous club Christmas party yesterday and I got a box of coal.

20220123_111051.jpg

With a cast iron pan in the bottom! Now I have another project!

Ryan

one eyed jack

Master of the Pit
Joined Oct 11, 2014
My experience tells me that, other than campfire / smoker use, you will get more variety of cooking with a ceramic coated pot. But that is stove top only.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.