Duroc Pork Belly Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Listen fellas.. I can understand how some camps want to weigh the meat and water and everything else and I can understand Pops Brine.

Never not once in my conversations with Pops did he ever tell me to weigh the meat. He told me specifically to weigh my ingredients so that my brine was consistent no matter what I was doing.

I'm not going to argue with any of you about it. I'm not going to make a big deal about it. I was trying to show off my accomplishment with the Duroc Pork. I KNOW curing is a sensitive subject on this site and honestly.. I'm over all the arguing and the pissing contests. I will try and refrain from posting any future curing projects!

Good Day!
Sorry Charlie! Didn't mean to hijack your thread or get into it with anyone. That includes SmokinEdge SmokinEdge No disrespect was meant in anyway.
But I didn't take the time to weigh out the ingredients like you did... but pop's had his regular brine and also lower salt one. Just have to find what you like. Maybe the duroc is different but the only belly we have available close, unless we butcher a pig.

Ryan

Sorry Charlie! Didn't mean to hijack your thread or get into it with anyone. That includes SmokinEdge SmokinEdge No disrespect was meant in anyway.
But I didn't take the time to weigh out the ingredients like you did... but pop's had his regular brine and also lower salt one. Just have to find what you like. Maybe the duroc is different but the only belly we have available close, unless we butcher a pig.

Ryan

No worries ! There's a thousand ways to skin a cat right?

Reactions: Brokenhandle
No worries ! There's a thousand ways to skin a cat right? :emoji_scream_cat:
Not if you ask SWMBO, there are zero ways, (supper feline lover).:emoji_heart_eyes_cat:

I've been doing my bacon with pop's brine incorporating Bear's cold smoke method then hot smoke it to 135-140. I have a LEM slicer and I cut the bacon in half widthwise. I cut ours kind of extra thick and have only a few instances when I want full length bacon when I wrapping my meat to grill or smoke.

My bacon vs commercial bacon, hands down my bacon wins, just ask family, friends and neighbors.
I want to try and compare the dry brine when I do up a big batch again.

Awesomeness!

KC, one thing I missed, did you use cure #1? OOps, never mind I see it in post #1

Reactions: kilo charlie
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky