What to do with a thin belly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I had to look that up, and oh wow, I could make a pig of myself with some of those.

David
It’s another rabbit hole, but I actually will buy pork skin on just for that. It’s so fun watching them puff like popcorn in the hot oil, we season them with a spice mix called Tajin, it’s salt, cayenne, and lime powder. Yeah it will make you pig out.

It’s another rabbit hole, but I actually will buy pork skin on just for that. It’s so fun watching them puff like popcorn in the hot oil, we season them with a spice mix called Tajin, it’s salt, cayenne, and lime powder. Yeah it will make you pig out.

See that is what i mean by a sharp flavour, I love lime and or lemon in or on things .
I will have to see to buy or make the " Tajin " you speak of . Thanks

David

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I think the wife uses the Tajin on some fresh fruit. I have not used it, but we have it in the kitchen.

Funny how life gets in the way and the older I get it doesn’t slow down, it’s actually faster, I always thought it would slow down but it’s just not so.

Anyway, the thin belly is done with cure. I seasoned it with fresh ground fennel, coriander, black pepper, garlic and red Chile flake. Rolled it tied it and put it in a bag with about a half bottle of Merlot. See you again in a week.

IMG_1878.jpeg

IMG_1879.jpeg

IMG_1880.jpeg

Funny how life gets in the way and the older I get it doesn’t slow down, it’s actually faster, I always thought it would slow down but it’s just not so.

Anyway, the thin belly is done with cure. I seasoned it with fresh ground fennel, coriander, black pepper, garlic and red Chile flake. Rolled it tied it and put it in a bag with about a half bottle of Merlot. See you again in a week.

View attachment 690441
View attachment 690442
View attachment 690444

Eric, I hear ya on the life thing… sometimes can be a crazy ride… you just buckle up and hope for the best!

I missed this the first go around, but looking forward to the finish as the seasonings and all sound phenomenal.

Eric, I hear ya on the life thing… sometimes can be a crazy ride… you just buckle up and hope for the best!

I missed this the first go around, but looking forward to the finish as the seasonings and all sound phenomenal.
Thank you Justin. Cure, salt, fennel and wine combined with pork is just worth it. I will soak this a day or two in red wine, then likely drain and remove the bag and finish in the fridge another 5 days naked to air dry.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky