Dukes Mayo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yea. I mean I've used it to grill sandwich before....never an egg though...might have to try it out just for fun.
Zwiller house scrambled eggs:
eggs
mayo
WHITE pepper
salt

Add mayo to bowl first and nuke a few seconds to knock the chill off.

On the subject of Pulp Fiction and mayo. Try micro-planing a clove or two of garlic into about a half cup of Dukes with a little black pepper. Let it sit over night in the fridge. Even my wife who absolutely hates mayo on a sandwich or burger admits it's good stuff. In her words: "No f'in way I'm putting it on a sandwich but it's good with fried stuff".
The one thing we do agree on is garlic. Lots of garlic.

Reactions: Marknmd
To be Mayo by US food regs it must be 65% veg oil. All others are salad dressing
Did not know that. Very similar to cheese... Which Kraft invented the processing of.

In the United States, processed cheese is defined, categorized, and regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations Title 21, Section 133 ("Cheeses and Cheese-Related Products").[14] Pasteurized process cheese can be made from a single cheese, or a blend of several cheeses. Cream, milk fat, water, salt, color, and spices may also be added. The mixture is heated with an emulsifier, poured into a mold, and allowed to cool. The definitions include:
  • Pasteurized process cheese, which is made from one or more cheeses (excluding certain cheeses such as cream cheese and cottage cheese, but including American cheese[a]). In the final product, moisture must not be more than 41 percent of the weight, and fat content not less than 49 percent.
  • Pasteurized process cheese food, which is made from one or more of the cheeses available for pasteurized process cheese composing not less than 51 percent of the final weight, mixed with one or more optional dairy ingredients such as fluid milk or whey, and which may contain one or more specified optional non-dairy ingredients. The final solid form must be less than 44 percent moisture and have a fat content greater than 23 percent.
  • Pasteurized process cheese spread, which is made similarly to pasteurized process cheese food but must be spreadable at 70 °F (21 °C). Moisture must be between 44 and 60 percent of the total weight, and fat content greater than 20 percent.
Seriously, that gov't cheese is KILLER but you have to buy 5lbs (GFS). It's used extensively in restaurants and schools so if you wondered why the toasted cheese at school was better, now you know. The "american deli" cheese at the store deli is pretty close but costs 2x more. I have not perfected it yet but I am experimenting with making my own processed cheese.

Cheese rant over proceed with the mayo talk. BTW SV 135F for 75m pasteurizes eggs. Probably my favorite mayo thing is a leftover TG turkey sandwich.

Now I have heard the debates on Dukes, Hellman's and Miracle Whip (never tried MW). I have never been able to find Dukes here in the NE. Then in a PA Walmart I found some and had to get it. Used it a few minutes ago in some egg salad and.......This stuff is gross, kind of tastes like dirt. I am not sure I can even try it again. What is the appeal to you loyal fans?
C'aint do it. ex wife was from S Carolina and insisted. Tried it once and Hellmans (jar only) ever since

Reactions: clifish
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky