dried basil stems..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

panhead

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
new york
i grew a pretty large amount of basil this year,,i have all the dried out stems and i wondered id they would be any good to put in my smoker..has anyone tried anything like this and whats your opinion on this....

I used a large amount of basil smoke drying toamtoes which turned out great. I can't help but believe that throwing a handful of basil stems in while something was smokeing would turn out good. try it and let us know.

Sounds tasty. I might give that a try myself.   
PDT_Armataz_01_21.gif

I have my eyes and ears wide open for this one. I too have several basil plants on the porch railing.

Make basil infused olive oil! Pour a bottle of EVOO into a pot, toss in a bunch of basil stems, get the oil warm.... not hot, but good and warm. Turn off the heat and let it sit for at least 12 hrs., filter it through some cheesecloth and put it back in your bottle. It will have a nice light basil flavor that is great to cook with!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky