Double 8 Cattle Closing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daspyknows

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 9, 2020
el cerrito ca
I got an email that Double 8 Cattle is closing. They are already sold out. I bought a Wagyu brisket from them and was really impressed. Would have bought another one for the freezer but alas it's all gone. Sucks losing farms like this.

As we prepare to say farewell, we'd like to thank you for your support! As a family-owned farm and business, it has meant a lot to us!​

THANKU25 - 25% OFF $150+ ORDERS
THANKU35 - 35% OFF $250+ ORDERS
THANKU45 - 45% OFF $500+ ORDERS
THANKU50 - 50% OFF $1,000+ ORDERS

WHEN CHECKING OUT ON OUR WEBSITE, ENTER THE DISCOUNT CODE THAT APPLIES TO YOUR ORDER.

WHY WE'RE GETTING READY TO CLOSE​

Selling was not part of the team’s original plan. But unfortunately, life tends to throw you curve balls. Double 8 Cattle Company’s owner had some unexpected health issues in May 2021 that suddenly landed him in the ICU/hospital, where he remained for months (not COVID related). He wasn’t expected to live and faced an uphill battle even after leaving the hospital. Unfortunately, this ordeal left him with lung and heart issues, many of which will be lifelong.
Along with his wife and young daughter, Double 8 Cattle Company’s owner came to the decision that it was in the best interest of his family to sell the Fullblood Wagyu cattle. This has been a hard decision for the family, as they’re extremely proud of the program they’ve built with their dedicated team and amazing customers.

I really hate to see the small family owned places close. Sorry to hear about their health issues. But at least it wasn't be cause cooperate made an offer they couldn't refuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky