Doing some Butts!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks good. What did you use for rub?
Just a home made rub on these.
That's a lot of butts!! looking good!!
Yes, 3 of them are for my kids, 1 we will have tonight and the rest I'll vac seal a put in the freezer. The Carnitas one is a first for me and I hope it comes out good.
Wow is that wired for 220 or 440? LOL
BTW that is some serious weather we are sending you....... Moving fast.
Down here we are only going to get mostly rain from the system. I am trying to get these done before it starts.

I see allot of good PP coming your way very soon. Nice start.

Chris

Reactions: retfr8flyr
Well guys and gals the cook came out great and I beat the rain. I cooked these with LJ Comp blend pellets at 225° for 9hrs, on Super Smoke setting and then bumped it up to 250° to make sure I beat the rain. I cooked these straight through, no spritzing, or wrapping, I have found that I prefer the bark created this way. Everything came out great and I pulled, wrapped and put in coolers at the 14th hour. I gave 3 of these to my kids for their dinners and pulled one of them for ours. I have cooked a lot of butts in my lifetime but I honestly think this was the best one I have ever done. The bark was fantastic and the flavor was over the top. The kids all texted me that theirs were the best they had ever had. I am really loving this new 1300 and I am so glad I was able to get it. Here are a couple shots of the finished product. I hope to try the Carnitas one next week, I hope it is as good as the BBQ ones.

Looks like a great time and you were well rewarded. Pop always spritzed, but I have moved more and more to a minimalist, every cook with everything. Good ingredients, prepared right and cooked to perfection don't need help. Let the food stand up for itself! The reason for all the modifiers? Because we can. You smoke a perfect meal then immediately think, how can I top this next time....LOL

Great looking butts! I want a piece of the ambrosia (fat cap)!

Last edited:
looks great,got a bag of pulled saved from awhile back,going to go dig it out not had time to do much lately

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky