Do you do anything fun with your BBQ the day after?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PapaLlama

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 7, 2019
Home of BBQ
In our house, food is often very experimental. Once food is cooked, we'll commonly experiment with leftovers. This last weekend we pulled apart a few ribs from leftovers in the fridge & made BBQ omelets with red onions, cheddar, & some rub. One time we also used smoked bologna & made BBQ quesadillas during the following week.

Besides simply reheating, what do you guys do with your leftovers?

If I do a small diameter pork loin or a tenderloin I will purposely slightly undercook and will then thin slice it the next day and fry it.YUM!!!

If I do a small diameter pork loin or a tenderloin I will purposely slightly undercook and will then thin slice it the next day and fry it.YUM!!!

That sounds delicious. Do you make a sandwich or anything like that, or do you just eat it plain?

I like to add a bit of pulled pork or leftover ribs to a can of baked beans.

I still have ribs leftover. I'll have to try this.

Left over pork loin, tenderloin and sausages I like to add to Rice-a-Roni. Double smoked ham is transformed into ham salad. Other meats go into omelettes and spaghetti.

Chris

Made some Smoked chicken tacos this weekend with leftover beer can chicken.

seem to have a lot of quesadillas with leftovers as well.

Pulled pork Mac n cheese

Brisket chili in the fall

In our house, food is often very experimental. Once food is cooked, we'll commonly experiment with leftovers. This last weekend we pulled apart a few ribs from leftovers in the fridge & made BBQ omelets with red onions, cheddar, & some rub. One time we also used smoked bologna & made BBQ quesadillas during the following week.

Besides simply reheating, what do you guys do with your leftovers?

Surely you Jest. Ask anybody---I think "Leftovers" is my Middle Name.
Nearly everything I smoke gets something done with the leftovers the next day, and sometimes 3 or 4 more days after that.
Check some of them out:
Just click on "Bear's Step by Steps".

Bear

We always freeze a good portion of brisket when i cook it. Brisket tacos are the best, make a chimichurri and flour tortillas...yum!

I Kettle-grilled 5.5 pounds of boneless, skinless, pounded, and orange juice brined chicken breasts on Saturday. Sunday we had chicken breast tacos with part of the leftovers. Last night I finished the chicken by making Fried Brown Rice with Chicken. Fried brown rice (or white if you prefer) works with any smoked or grilled meat leftovers, and with the veggies mixed in (onion, garlic, peas, carrots, etc) makes a great meal.

I had a little brisket point left and I diced, braised in jus, and made tostadas with homemade refried black beans. very yummy

Pretty much anything smoked turns into great Mexican dishes. As others have said Nachos, tacos, quesadillas, burritos, enchiladas. Use chicken/turkey to make pot pie or throw it in salads. Stews, chili's, soups, sandwiches. As chopsaw said I take stuff to elderly in laws and give stuff to my neighbors as well. My boss is a bbq junkie so every once in awhile ill slip a zip lock back of PP onto his desk. I'm usually his favorite employee for awhile after that. Even bartered for some home brew a couple times

Reactions: zwiller
I've done soup with leftover smoked turkey, carnitas tacos with pulled pork and my favorite was mac and cheese with burnt ends! I also like to freeze the meats plain so I have something to pull out in case of last minute company!

These are all really great ideas. Thanks for everyone's comments. I'm definitely going to be trying some of these out soon.

Pretty much anything smoked turns into great Mexican dishes.

Same here. I will also use PP on a loaded baked potato. LOL usually loaded mexican taco style.

I never eat food off the smoker. Always reheat to serve next day or so. Also, I always make at least 2X as much as I want and vac seal and freeze for later use. I have a decent stash. So cool to be able to pull out stuff at a moments notice.

I make Enchiladas a day or two after making pulled pork.
Or smoked chicken salad after smoked chicken dinners.

Made these two nights after eating pulled pork sandwiches.
Smoked pork enchiladas with Hatch chili's, Spanish rice,and pickled red onions and refried beans. They were awesome!!!
20190626_211531.jpg

20190626_212205.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PapaLlama
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky