Dinner tonight was excellent

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

okiefisher

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 21, 2017
Chouteau, Oklahoma
About a week ago I was able to pick up a tenderloin worth the money so decided today would be the day. IMG_20190402_211248.jpg
Put a little kosher salt and some Montreal seasoning on it last night, wrapped it in cellophane and put in the fridge overnight. Since I had to work today I asked my wife to get the tenderloin out about 3:30 and start the pellet grill which contained hickory pellets but not to put it on to cook until 4:00 with instructions on how to place the thermometer. Since I don't normally get home until around 6:00 I told her if the IT hits 130 to pull and wrap but it was only at 121 when I came home.
I came home to a wonderful aroma when walking in the door. I asked what we were having with the tenderloin and was told brussel sprouts cooked in a garlic butter mixture then some fresh parmesan cheese added, pilaf rice and fried apples.
I pulled the tenderloin from the smoker at 130 then wrapped and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing IMG_20190403_185447.jpg
After slicing and plating my wife and I enjoyed a wonderful meal that will not soon be forgotten.
IMG_20190403_191846.jpg
After dinner I plated enough for my lunch tomorrow and vac sealed enough for two more meals.

Nice looking supper, tenders are always in our summer rotation. Nicely done.

Point for sure.
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky