Did The Ames Company aka The Ingredient Store close? I can't locate Ames Phos.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
The business founded by Joe Ames Sr. was taken over by Joe Jr a few years ago and I used Ames Phos in my corning brine (beef and pork butts) and also in the daveomak daveomak injectable cure for my hams. I can't find the store online.

Good question. The web site sure seems to be down at the moment, all day actually, but it looks like it was updated this year (2022) not sure what month though. Hopefully they are still going. Tons of recipes out there that list Amesphos

I don't know if it's down or closed, but I haven't been able to access it for (I think) about a couple of months...since I started looking for AmesPhos, anyway.

PS Seasonings.
Same as what the they had on their site.

Appears that Ames Jr. Passed in March 2022

Link references Ames Sr. and The Ingredients Store.
Also a Bill Ames has a web site called Make it Meaty.
Selling phos products. He might be the William Ames in the write up.
I have no connection with the Ames family or products. Just trying to figure out what happened to the product.

Last edited:

Injections - Make it Meaty

Make it Meaty was developed and tested by Bill Ames, a member of the Institute of Food Technologists. Our customers have achieved perfect scores of 180 and won numerous first place trophies, World Championships and Grand Championships. Try it today! BBQ Injection BASE Culinary Flavors and Injections for BBQ and more... Make it Meaty

Amazon has it

1670353322139.png

Yes make it meaty sells amesphos his son made a long post about it on the make it meaty Facebook page that his father passed and the ingredient store website is down and something about the manufacturer for amesphos….. the stuff he sells on make it meaty is the same thing if you have Facebook look their page up.

Reactions: thirdeye
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky